Req: SAMU 62 Arras

ImageImageForum for all helicopter related news, background and research.

Moderators: Jack, Copter

Forum rules
This forum is the successor of the former Dutch-copters mailgroup. It is run jointly by Dutch-copters and Scramble.
Michiel62
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Req: SAMU 62 Arras

Post by Michiel62 »

Hello,
The SAMU 62 is usually based at the (SDIS62) ZAL de Chemins Croises, FR-62223 Saint Laurent Blangy. During 2 recent visits no helicopter was found. Of course helicopter can be on a mission, but it might be relocated to the CHU in Arras (in town) as there have been some reconstruction going on for a while.

Is there anyone who can confirm the current location of this NHV operated helicopter.

thx
Michiel
Copter
Subscriber Scramble: yes !

Re: SAMU 62 Arras

Post by Copter »

The helicopter is marked wih "C.H. Arras" so I think your last guess can be right.

More info: http://cohen.frank.free.fr/photos/helic ... /62/62.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Google maps I can't find a helispot near this hospital ....
PH-ULP
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by PH-ULP »

Copter wrote:The helicopter is marked wih "C.H. Arras" so I think your last guess can be right.

More info: http://cohen.frank.free.fr/photos/helic ... /62/62.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Google maps I can't find a helispot near this hospital ....
Dit deck zou ergens aan de zijkant van het ziekenhuis moeten liggen.
En ik dacht dat ze inderdaad vanaf dat heli deck vlogen. Zeker weten doe ik het niet.

Ik denk dat Google maps nog niet actueel is.
Michiel62
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by Michiel62 »

Thx Copter / PH-ULP,
Looks like they are indeed back to the hospital. Google is not updated, but if you look at Google street view at Boulevard George Besnier you clearly see a building which looks similar as the hangar (like Lille) with a platform. Altough no heli is present, it looks like the new location.

rgds Michiel
Antilliaan
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: exotic
Subscriber Scramble: Antilliaan

Post by Antilliaan »

the MD900 is based at Arras Hospital, they have a platform and hangar at the hospital at 50.296866° 2.759617° (GE has not been updated and the hospital lay out has changed a lot). We drove by it yesterday and OO-NHF was present, ready to take-off. Interestingly, this helicopter (msn 900-00015) was once used by the US Coast Guard for drug interception trials.