London Heathrow 16-08-2012

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Maikel van der Heijden
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

London Heathrow 16-08-2012

Post by Maikel van der Heijden »

In august I made a 4 day spotting trip to London Heathrow, from the 16th untill the 20th. The aircraft we wanted to see where the black NZ 773, skyteam Saudi, F1 Etihad, MH a380 and much more we don't see here at Schiphol. I've been to LHR before and you never get bored here. I'm trying to give you an overall impression of the days I was there.

1. One of the Dove's, this one is a ex-BMI aircraft.

2. It's a regular, but these birds are always welcome.

3. El Al 747 with "Haifa" titles.

4. BA's new 777-300.

5. American Airlines pink ribbon scheme.

7. 'The Firefly' arriving on runway 27L.

8. Singapore's Super.

9. Gulf Air's Formula 1 livery.

10. Malaysia's afternoon flight is being operated by a 747, the early morning flight is flown by a A380.

12. Cathay Pacific operates a variety of 747's and 777's.

16. Saudi's Skyteam, was really hoping to see this one.

17. Iberia operates a 300 and 600 serie A340 about once every day.

18. One of the two A330-300 from Virgin Atlantic that operates at LHR.

19. Sadly the sun was missing.

20. Etihad also operates A340's and B777's into LHR.

21. A quick stop at the fence, after our diner.
Roel Air
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Type of spotter: zowel civiel als militair

Re: London Heathrow 16-08-2012

Post by Roel Air »

Nice Photos, is it easy to spot on London Heatrow?
Maikel van der Heijden
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Thank you and yes it's really easy. The local busses are free of charge arround the airport perimeter. Also the runway use is easy to understand. When the winds are from the west (most of the time) the aircraft land 27L and depart 27R or the other way round. That just depends on the week. Untill 6am there is a single runway ops in force, from 6-7am they will land both runways because there is not much departing traffic, from 7am they will use 1 runway. When there are winds from the east then they always land on 09L some aircraft land 09R but most of the time that's the departure runway all day long.
wrxflyer
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: F2 civil

Post by wrxflyer »

Hi,
I ve been there on 17 and 18 August as well.
A few shots of you are exactly the same as mine, so we must have been almost next to each other.

I remember there were a ferw more Dutch people around (2 guys and a young lady) on saturday. Was that you?

Freek
Flown in 733,738,A319,A320,A330,MD-11,763,772,742,744
Maikel van der Heijden
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Hi Freek,

Yes that's us! Think we sat next to each other during the 27L arrivals. I can remember hearing some dutch next to us, thought that there we 2 guys next to us?
Smoketrails
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by Smoketrails »

Nice shots! I was there too on those dates.

Chris

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”