Fort Lauderdale-International week 50-2023

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
LifelinerOne
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Photography
Subscriber Scramble: Anton Homma

Fort Lauderdale-International week 50-2023

Post by LifelinerOne »

Hi,

2023 has been a very good year for me from a spotters perspective. Thanks to work-travel back into full swing, I've been able to visit quite some countries and airports.

In week 50 I got the question to come to Fort Lauderdale for some workshops and meetings. Florida in December? Who can resist such a request, knowing its sunny and warm.

Well... the warm part was correct (at least compared to NL) but the sunny part, not so much. I arrived on Saturday-evening at FLL from AMS via JFK. The Sunday was still quite nice but after that the whole week saw almost only rain and wind. :( But I braved the weather to make some pictures for you (and me :mrgreen:)

Anyway, here's an impression of a few hours during the week at FLL. I spotted from the dedicated area at the North runway as well as the Hibiscus Parking Garage.

1. As a base of JetBlue you can see quite a few of them, regularly in special liveries, like this A320 N775JB:
ImageA320-JBL-N775JB-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

2. You can clearly see this Silver Airways ATR72 N708SV is leased from Avianca:
ImageATR72-SLV-N708SV-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

3. Avelo operates a few times a day into FLL using its B737s, like this B737-800 N801XT:
ImageB738-AVL-N801XT-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

4. FLL is a favorite destination for Canadians visiting Florida and going on a cruise, with airlines like Porter, Air Canada, Air Transat, WestJet and Flair flying into the airport multiple times a day. Seen here landing is MAX8 C-FLKJ:
ImageB738M-FLR-CFLKJ-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

5. American Airlines has recently painted several A321s into a heritage livery, like this N581UW wearing the Piedmont-livery:
ImageA321-AAL-N581UW-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

6. An appropiate registration for this LJ-36 of Jet Rescue:
ImageLJ36-PVT-XADOC-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

7. The ERJ145s of Western Air, like this C6-GAR can be seen multiple times a day:
ImageE145-WST-C6GAR-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

8. CRJ200 N154EA is nowadays in use with XOJet:
ImageCRJ2-PVT-N154EA-FLL10dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

9. Normally operating from the Southern runway but now due to strong winds from the Northern one is this Cessna 208B N867HP of Aztec Airways:
ImageCE208F-AZT-N867HP-FLL15dec23 by Anton Homma, on Flickr

Hope you liked my selection!

You can see all my albums here: https://flickr.com/photos/lifelinerone/ ... 0313877301

Cheers! :wave:
EC
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Re: Fort Lauderdale-International week 50-2023

Post by EC »

Some very nice ones in there, love the Silver special and American/Piedmont retro.

rgds
EC

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”