ALLIED RESOLVE 2022 + the war that followed

ImageForum for news and discussions on miltary aviation matters.

Forum rules
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: I am not Dutch fluent.
Subscriber Scramble: hammarö

Re: ALLIED RESOLVE 2022 + the war that followed

Post by hammarö »

BBC news reporting of Russian aircraft and helicopters losses at Lipetsk air base. They also reporting that the air base not were "usable".

On other sources shown satellite pictures of the two arsenals shows they are totally wiped out. They hold at least 700 glide bombs and much of the used types of armament for the aircraft "eduction".
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Russian opposition outlet Astra amplified footage on August 12 purportedly of Russian air defense systems intercepting Ukrainian drones over
Shchyolkovo, Moscow Oblast near Chkalovsky Military Air Base.[28] Astra reported that unspecified pro-war Russian Telegram channels claimed that Russian forces successfully repelled a Ukrainian drone strike. No Russian official sources commented on the strike.

In Schelkovo (as it usually are spelled) are the military tracking center for all Russian intelligence and communications satellites. In area is also several large centers for user of the information from the satellites.

Not long from Schelkovo is also the communication equipment of the Russian Air Force.

The center for gear of the satellites are in the Southern part of Moscow. It has before been bombed!!
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Ukraine carries out the largest drone attack of the war against four Russian airbases.

Ukrainian long-range drones struck four Russian airbases overnight on August 14, in what was described as the largest attack on an airbase during the war.

A source from the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) shared the details with The Kyiv Independent.

Earlier in the day, Russian officials claimed to have shot down over 110 Ukrainian drones in a massive strike, with explosions reported at air bases in Savasleyka, Borisoglebsk and Baltimore according to local Telegram channels. (Earlier strucking).

Savasleyka is about 650 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, while the air bases in Baltimore and Borisoglebsk in Voronezh Oblast are 180 and 260 kilometers away, respectively.

Kursk Airport, known as Khalino Airbase, is located approximately 95 kilometers from Ukraine.

The SBU confirmed that these three air bases were targeted, along with another attack on the Kursk air base.

This follows Ukraine's recent incursion into Russia's Kursk region, marking the first time Ukrainian troops have entered Russian territory during the conflict.

The Russian air bases Kursk Khalino, Voronezh Baltimor and Borisglebsk is part of the Zapad OSK:s (Army Command West) 6th Air Army.

Kursk Khalino has two squadrons of 12 Su-35 and 12 Su-30SM. The base also have 12 Su-25 Frogfoot. Other aircraft as Su-34 rotate regulary as need. The war power is around 36 aircraft.

Voronezh Baltimor also has two quadroons of 12 Su-35 and 12 Su-34. Other aircraft as Su-30SM and Su-34 rotate regualy as need. The war power is around 24 aircraft.

Borisoglebsk also has two squadrons of 12 Su-35 amd 12 Su-34. Other aircraft as Su-30SM rotate. The war power is around 36 aircraft.

The base Savasleyka is a direct reporting base. It normally has 12 MiG-31I/K with Kinzhal missiles. Other air bases Lipetsk and Akhtubinsk has each 12 MiG-31I/K. Both bases has several times before been bombed.

Russian Telegram channels reported 10 explosions at the Savasleyka air base in Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, which is home to the MiG-31K Kinzhal missile carrier.

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty also published NATO satellite images showing possible fires near the Savasleyka and Baltimore air bases.

Videos shared on Russian social media showed drones and air defense tanks in the Voronezh and Nizhny Novgorod regions.

The drone attack was a coordinated effort between the SBU, the Air Force of Ukraine, special operations forces, unmanned systems forces and military intelligence (HUR).
Starman
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: Starman

Post by Starman »

MOSCOW, Aug 15 (Reuters) - A Russian Tu-22M3 strategic bomber crashed in the Irkutsk region in Russia's Siberia due to a technical malfunction, Izvestia newspaper reported on Thursday, citing the Defence Ministry.
The crew managed to eject, the ministry added. (Reporting by Reuters)
Bit far from Ukraine perhaps.....
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

This aircraft Tu-22M3 came from a mission in Europe.
It should be based in Irkutsk Angarsk.

There is also some Tu-22M3 based in Ukrainka further into Sibiria.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

MiG-31K and MiG-31I.

Register of aircraft carriers of the Kinzhal complex (with information on restrictions):
Реестр самолетов-носителей комплекса "Кинжал" (ознакомительно с ограничениями):

Name
Наименование Борт № Key dates
Даты основные
0 МиГ-31БМ прототип 692 blue presumably 2015-2017
1 МиГ-31К 06 red first flight 31.05.2016
2 МиГ-31К serial MiG-31K 89-99 red production - 2015-2017, in VKS - 2018-2021,
3 МиГ-31И serial MiG-31I 30-43 blue 2021-2022 г.г.
4 МиГ-31И serial MiG-31I For Kansk air base, IOC 2024,
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

List of МиГ-31И aircraft. Check it.

The 44th Regiment was formed on Dec. 1, 2021. Its permanent location is the Savasleyka airfield in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, according to the military intelligence.

Ukrainian intelligence officers established the tail numbers of MiG-31I aircraft from the regiment:
RF-03230
RF-03231
RF-03234
RF-19275
RF-20862
RF-20867
RF-20882
RF-20883
RF-42251
RF-42253
RF-94268

This is new RF registrations. It could be mostly modernized MiG-31DZ aircraft.

https://english.nv.ua/nation/ukraine-s- ... 17479.html
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

The unit 44 regiment don´t have the RF numbers mentioned together.

They are different!!
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Exercise Kaliningrad.

Following three MiG-31I made an exercise 2022 in Kaliningrad.

МиГ-31И 30 blue RF-95453 2022 Savasleyka VKS grey sc Kalin 2022
МиГ-31И 35 blue RF-xxxxx 2023 Savasleyka VKS grey Kalin 2022
МиГ-31И 36 blue RF-92462 2023 Savasleyka VKS grey By 2022 Kal 2022

They are all from Savasleyka air base 44 air regiment. They have the signs marked arial dark in blue colour.

I suppose they made exercises with a certain ground unit for lead in mission.
At least Blue 36 is also visible from a base in Byelorussia later this year.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Marinovka air base was droned last night. The base is near Volgograd. It hold the 11 air regiment.
Aircraft from other units are rotated to Mariovka air base, especially from the Yugro (Southern) Military Commands 4 Air Force.

On base is around 26 Su-24 and 7 Su-34. And it is also 12 hardened shelters which can holds further 12 combat aircraft.

On satellite pictures after the droning was five of the 12 shelters destroyed or damaged. If it hold combat aircraft should at least 5 of the aircraft bee destroyed and damaged.

18 of the Su-24 is in long term storage.

Explosions on other parts of the base. Especially the infrastructure of weapons arsenals and fuel storage area.

Russia is very keen to take away the destroyed or damaged combat aircraft from the base after the droning to hide the effects of the attack. This is visible in several other cases before.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Ukraine has begun using F-16 warplanes in combat as Russia has mounted a massive aerial assault on civilian infrastructure, according to a U.S. official.

F-16s are the most sophisticated weapon the U.S.-led coalition has supplied Ukraine in its war with Russia. The White House and Pentagon had resisted offering them, fearing that they would be seen as an escalation by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

U.S. allies supplied the fighter jets, and Ukrainian pilots have been training for months in the United States to fly them. The first F-16s arrived in Ukraine early in August. The official who confirmed their use in combat was not authorized to speak publicly.

The jets are capable of defending Ukrainian airspace from Russian incursions, shooting down drones and missiles and providing support for troops on the ground.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

One of Ukraine's six fighter planes, of the F-16 model, has crashed, just a few weeks after the country received them, according to a US government source, the Wall Street Journal writes.

According to initial reports, the aircraft was not shot down by Russian forces, although the incident occurred during a massive Russian drone strike. Rather, the crash on Monday is believed to be the result of pilot error.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Savasleyka air base.

Have received rebuilding and get 18 aircraft protected places a la Vietnam War style from the 1960s.

The base have 10-12 based MiG-31I, who many is rotated to bases around Ukraine.

The base have also get extensive rebuilt weapons infrastructure as fuel infrastucture.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

Drones operated by Ukraine struck an ammunition and military equipment warehouse in Russia's Voronezh Oblast overnight on Sept. 7.

Local Telegram channels said that ammunition storage near the village of Soldatskoye caught fire.

Soldatskoye lies around 70 kilometers (over 40 miles) south of Voronezh and over 100 kilometers (60 miles) north of the Ukrainian border.

This is not far from the battleground in Kursk area.

"This warehouse was actively used by Russia to supply materiel to (Russian forces) in Ukraine, which is why it was targeted by Ukrainan drones," the source said.

According information was it mostly North Korean weapons in the arsenal.
hammarö
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by hammarö »

A drone attack could of course in this war of information bee drones, missiles, combat aircraft with stand off, special forces or another thing. It is another thing what we read about in the news.

Return to “Military Aviation News”