US Airshows ?

ImageAll Airshow related news and logs.

Moderator: Jaap

Forum rules
Image Post all airshow-related items here. Please keep the postings as informative and to-the-point as possible. Refrain from postings with the sole intention to communicate whether you like the show or not, unless accompanied by arguments that can help others.
patrouilles
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

US Airshows ?

Post by patrouilles »

Hi Guys!

I am just wondering about US Airshows i would like to attend some day.
But looking carefully at schedule I found that it is very rare to see both THunderbirds and Blue Angels in the same location. At least in 2012.
Do you have any suggestion?
What would be, in your mind, the best airshow in the US that could be easily accessible?
AntF4Phan
Type of spotter: military, civil
Subscriber Scramble: yes

Re: US Airshows ?

Post by AntF4Phan »

You will find it is very rare to have both the US military fixed wing display teams at the same show. If you want to be reasonably certain to see the Blue Angels go to a US Navy show or a show near water, for the Thunderbirds go to a show at a USAF or ANG base.
I have spent the last 3 years going to shows in the US and this seems to be the way it is done, however, if you go to a show that is taking place on a civilian airport or airfield you will tend to find that any military display is done by the locals ( which can sometimes be a lot more interesting!), with occasional national display team visits, the Waukegan show in Illinois this year has the Canadian Snowbirds booked!
In terms of finding a way to see both, I would suggest trying to go out there for a duration that includes more than one show, and then attending them, after having checked all the relevant websites that will tell you their display calendars for the year, even the smaller independent teams in the US keep the web pages up to date very well.

Return to “Airshow news!”