Luton LTN 22/12/11 and East Midlands EMA 27/12/11

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Luton LTN 22/12/11 and East Midlands EMA 27/12/11

Post by Indiaecho »

Hello

I decided to stop off on at Luton on my way back to the folks for Christmas.

With it being the shortest day, I got there early, and arrived just in time to see the highlight of the day, Gulfstream TR-KSR depart, although unfortunately it was still too dark for a photo. However, there was still plenty of interesting aircraft during my stay, including Maximus A.300 A6-HAZ:-

A6-HAZ by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Another interesting freighter was Atlantic ATP G-BUUP making a rare daytime flight:-

G-BUUP by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Wizz Air were very busy - over the course of the day I saw 15 different aircraft from the airline. Here HA-LPS is taking off while HA-LPN waits for her turn on the runway:-

HA-LPS by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

But of course the reason that you go to Luton is to see the biz jets. I was a little apprehensive that there may not be many with christmas being so close, but my concerns were groundless and I didn't have to wait long between biz jet movements. I was expecting C-GHKY to head west, but she was spending the holiday somewhere a little warmer than Canada, as she departed for Beirut:-

C-GHKY by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

You usually see a few aircraft registered in the Isle of Man at Luton - M-FROG hopped down to Malaga:-

M-FROG by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

G-CIEL was also bound for Malaga:-

G-CIEL by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

HZ-OFC6 was one of the larger corporate movements:-

HZ-OFC6 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I managed to briefly visit East Midlands a few days later. Not much happened during the 20 minutes or so I was at the airport, but An-124 UR-82073 made the stop more than worthwhile:-

UR-82073 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I hope the photos are of interest - more from both airports are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/

Neil

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”