Reims & Cambrai 17/02/2011

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Wim
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Reims & Cambrai 17/02/2011

Post by Wim »

Hello,

Weatherpredictions for this day were good, so we descided to head to Reims for some mirage action. 20km before we arrived at Reims, the first clouds started to appear, and once at Reims, it was totally covered offcourse... We had some sunny spells during the morning, but then later on it got covered totally. There was some flying activity, but there were nightflights, so less flights during the day, than on a normal day. According to a local spotter, Monday and Tuesday are the busiest days with between 20 and 30 sorties a day with 8-10 different aircraft. Fridays are non flying days. At 13h30 flying stopped for the lunch break, and at 14h00 we descided to go to Cambrai instead. When we were 15 minutes away from Reims, there was the sun again, and we had lovely weather at Cambrai. Apparently Reims was just on the edge of the clouds... In Cambrai we saw 4 mirage 2000's in 2 hours and a Mirage F-1 that made 6 touch and go's.

Then off to Cambrai:

To see the full gallery, you can visit www.sgkoksijde.be

I hope you are not bored with these mirage pictures ;)

Greetings Wim
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: Reims & Cambrai 17/02/2011

Post by Stratofreighter »

Bored? After this summer pictures like yours will be a lot harder to make! Mont-de-Marsan isn't around the corner for most Scramble-readers... :(
Monthly updates on FokkerNews.nl....
wild weasel
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: picked up my old hobby!
Subscriber Scramble: wild weasel

Post by wild weasel »

Some very crispy and cool shots! :toppie: :scramble:
Shoot first, edit later! :-)
DJdeRidder
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4 Mil
Subscriber Scramble: DJdeRidder

Post by DJdeRidder »

Never bored of seeing pics from bases that will be dead (Reims) or in coma (Cambrai) within six months..
Check Out My New FLIGHT Coffee Table Book
vico
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: alles

Post by vico »

nice pics wim
CR-74050
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Military
Subscriber Scramble: CR-74050

Post by CR-74050 »

Thanks for your report. Great shots, also on the website!

Cheers, Dick
http://www.reccereports.com
All about military aviation
Borygo
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Photographer

Post by Borygo »

DJdeRidder wrote:Never bored of seeing pics from bases that will be dead (Reims) or in coma (Cambrai) within six months..

What do you mean by coma? I thought Cambrai will be closed as well...
Katabatik
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: Contributing Photographer NTM 2012 Book

Post by Katabatik »

It was worth the trip as far as I can see. Love these F1 shots (would have loved even more the 2000 shots, tell me the sunset shot is just the aperitif :wink: )
Copyrighted by Katabatik
Trabanti
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Type O, negative
Subscriber Scramble: Nu niet

Post by Trabanti »

AFAIK Epinoy will be placed under care ("reserve basis"), so not closed (yet). All operational units will leave the base, leaving probably just security and a few required functions.

What will happen to Niergnies, isn't that still a reserve base as well? Bit odd and expensive to keep 2 airbases under care at Cambrai..
Rome has Bufalotta, Arizona has alotta BUFF..
asto
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: Military Aviation (F2)
Subscriber Scramble: asto

Post by asto »

Hi Wim,

Nice quality (as usual :thumb:)!

Regards
TAZZ
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by TAZZ »

Nice shots!

One of the F1CR already wears the code numbre of Mont de Marsan (118) where the recce birds are to deploy...
Guess that one belongs to the CEAM ?!?!?!

:toppie: :scramble:
heems501
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by heems501 »

Nice shots Wim well done
Trabanti
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Type O, negative
Subscriber Scramble: Nu niet

Post by Trabanti »

One of the F1CR already wears the code numbre of Mont de Marsan (118) where the recce birds are to deploy...
Guess that one belongs to the CEAM
I am not so sure. Probably Ex EC5/330, not repainted yet with 112 code (and maybe it won't, it's only a few months to go anyway). Each time I see an 118 coded bird at Reims (clean, flying local missions) and report to Scramble, they comment on it as being a visitor. However, the CEAM does not operate F1's anymore since quite a while and I don't think a visitor from MdM will fly in clean configuration. These birds are definetely part of ER2/33. Most (=3?) have been painted over immediately, but once or twice we caught one as a spare for a 112-coded Mirage that went tech. If you are even luckier, you catch one in old markings arriving from Chateaudun to be swapped.

Nevertheless - go get 'em while you can! Great plane, great base, great city.

Bart
Rome has Bufalotta, Arizona has alotta BUFF..
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: militair/Civil

Post by tomba2247 »

Last one is verry nice!!! well done.
EOS
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: EOS

Post by EOS »

Trabanti wrote:
Guess that one belongs to the CEAM
I am not so sure. Probably Ex EC5/330, not repainted yet with 112 code (and maybe it won't, it's only a few months to go anyway). Each time I see an 118 coded bird at Reims (clean, flying local missions) and report to Scramble, they comment on it as being a visitor. However, the CEAM does not operate F1's anymore since quite a while and I don't think a visitor from MdM will fly in clean configuration. These birds are definetely part of ER2/33. Most (=3?) have been painted over immediately, but once or twice we caught one as a spare for a 112-coded Mirage that went tech. If you are even luckier, you catch one in old markings arriving from Chateaudun to be swapped.

Nevertheless - go get 'em while you can! Great plane, great base, great city.

Bart
I noted 615 118/MZ already at 24 june 2010 at Reims!!!!

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”