FCO / LIRF Rome Fiumicino 25-02-2010

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
der.vogt
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Type of spotter: F3

FCO / LIRF Rome Fiumicino 25-02-2010

Post by der.vogt »

Last week we were for five days in Rome, without junior which was making his spring vacation with Grandma and Grandpa in Germany.

We have of course not been to rome to only go spotting, the first priorotiy had the city of Rome, but through some good planning we were able to step out to Fiumicino on Thursday noon for some hours.

If we would have been on own transportation, it would have been possible to get around Fiumicino,, but we did not want to rent a car for just one afternoon.

Here is my choosing of the most valuable pictures from Rome Fiumicino, I hope you like some of them:

If you like, a detailed trip report will follow on my Blog
Maximilian Lars - we will never forget you *27.05.2005 +26.06.2005
r.e.hendriks
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: fly-by.nl
Subscriber Scramble: 1990>

Re: FCO / LIRF Rome Fiumicino 25-02-2010

Post by r.e.hendriks »

What happened to these photos??
CoHaBa
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Mil+Civ - Photography only
Subscriber Scramble: CoHaBa

Post by CoHaBa »

WTF happend to the Pics? What a crappy quality. I think you did something wrong.
der.vogt
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by der.vogt »

it must have been the batch conversion of Irfan View, currently I am in the office so I cant access my private computer, but I will replace the pics on my webserver this evening with postedited pics out of photoshop
Vincent
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by Vincent »

CoHaBa wrote:WTF happend to the Pics? What a crappy quality. I think you did something wrong.
Second time for you to place such a nice comment.
Youre language is starting to irritate me, maybe you should do something about it?
Basman
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: Yes

Post by Basman »

I totally agree with you, but i have a feeling "we" are undermining the boy his enthousiasm. So please allow his pics, even if they are not according to (y)our standards.

So please be gentle and nice to him.

You and I also made this kind of pictures when we where young.
To CoHaBa: the above is a quote from yourself in another topic. What happened to your once so forgiving attitude?

Bas
der.vogt
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by der.vogt »

CoHaBa wrote:WTF happend to the Pics? What a crappy quality. I think you did something wrong.
just as an addition to my last note, that it must have been the batch conversion of irfan view, if you think that I have done something fundamental wrong, I am always open to constructive critics, that is one reason why I post these pics here.

To be honest, this is my second year as an EHAM spotter and I probably have not (yet) the equipment and experience a lot of other people have here, so if anyone is interested, I am always open to meet with someone more experienced and make a small workshop with him.....

By the way, I did not really mention the circumstances I made these pictures, the Windows of the FCO Terminal restaurant were really awful dirty and tinted, I was happy to get any pictures somehow :?
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by ehusmann »

The fundamental thing that went wrong was probably the resolution of the pictures, the batch conversion as you mentioned.
The pictures itself look good enough.

Erwin
Martijn.
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: S2
Subscriber Scramble: Martijn.

Post by Martijn. »

Nice pics, #3 = Great!
And yeah, the noise... If you dont mind that it are very nice shots

@CoHaBa: If you have nothing good to say, just dont say anything at all

Martijn
Woensdrecht Aviation Society
woensdrechtas.nl
der.vogt
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by der.vogt »

thanks for defending myself :) I really appreciate it form everyone, but I also can deal quite well with negative commataries, as promised I have replaced the pictures with a direct export from my Database, hope they are a bit better than the batch conversed pictures from Irfan View......

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”