EBBL Tigermeet 15 September 2009

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
mwpeters
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

EBBL Tigermeet 15 September 2009

Post by mwpeters »

My impression of a quick morning visit to EBBL. The weather/light condition changed every once in a while, due to overcoming clouds, pics are not in order of appearance:

I am correct, is the blue in the camouflage of this Mirage different then it used to be (more grey tone)? Noticed this also on my other pics, already tried to change it with PS, but this is as I think the real color as shot.

Frank
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: F4
Subscriber Scramble: Frank Noort

Re: EBBL Tigermeet 15 September 2009

Post by Frank »

Nice !!

I like the two Hornets in formation.
VinFlyer
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by VinFlyer »

Nice photo's. I'll add some more Tigers from yesterday

Frankwin
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: [Military and Civil]
Subscriber Scramble: Yes

Post by Frankwin »

Nice pictures,

This friday I will visit the base for the tiger meet. If I may ask can someone advice the best place to take some nice shots.
Frankwin
www.frankwin.com
Nikon D4, 70-200, 400 f/2.8, 300 f/2.8
mirage 69
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F3
Subscriber Scramble: mirage 69

Post by mirage 69 »

You can walk along the parralel runway were all the planes are parked.....it will be one big spot for good pictures.
If you have enough mm's you can also take pictures on the runway.

Just go there, no worries and have fun

See you on Friday
wamovements
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: wamovements

Post by wamovements »

Nicest pictures can this firday be made on base :-)
jeroenow
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by jeroenow »

mirage 69 wrote:You can walk along the parralel runway were all the planes are parked.....it will be one big spot for good pictures.
If you have enough mm's you can also take pictures on the runway.

Just go there, no worries and have fun

See you on Friday
Two questions:
1. can you confirm that all of the aircraft or most of the aircraft will be parked on the parallel runway as they fly out of the shelter area during this weeks missions as I am right informed? Don't shoot me if I am wrong and hopefully I am wrong but I was told there will be only a static display on the parallel runway and the flying part is from the shelter area at the other side of the runway. Once again hopefully I am wrong...

2. can you confirm that the grass - if there is any - is not too high to photograph decently on the runway? Same question for the parallel runway... I can remember events from previous years that steps are needed to have the landing gear not hidden behind grass, that's why this question...

cheers Jeroen

BTW if it isn't possible to take pics on the runway it is definately possible to take pics during (mostly spectacular) take offs :-)

Have fun... and enjoy the 'Indian Summer' this Friday!!! I will...

cheers Jeroen
Last edited by jeroenow on 16 Sep 2009, 14:16, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.photography-by-jeroen.com/
photography by Jeroen Oude Wolbers
nilsko
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: No

Post by nilsko »

I do hope most pilots will show their uppersides during takeoff and not roll away to the right just after takeoff. I hope someone from (or close to) the KeeBee team is reading this forum too and can relay that message ;-)
jeroenow
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by jeroenow »

nilsko wrote:I do hope most pilots will show their uppersides during takeoff and not roll away to the right just after takeoff. I hope someone from (or close to) the KeeBee team is reading this forum too and can relay that message ;-)
Friday's weather forecast is telling me easterly winds so runway 05 so I guess roll away to the right is okay :-)
nilsko
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: No

Post by nilsko »

Ah well.. ;-)
Zipper
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by Zipper »

Hi...
jeroen wrote:1. can you confirm that all of the aircraft or most of the aircraft will be parked on the parallel runway as they fly out of the shelter area during this weeks missions as I am right informed? Don't shoot me if I am wrong and hopefully I am wrong but I was told there will be only a static display on the parallel runway and the flying part is from the shelter area at the other side of the runway. Once again hopefully I am wrong...

2. can you confirm that the grass - if there is any - is not too high to photograph decently on the runway? Same question for the parallel runway... I can remember events from previous years that steps are needed to have the landing gear not hidden behind grass, that's why this question...
Question 1: I have visited several spotter-days at KB and on all these occasions, the planes were parked on the parallel runway and sorties were flown from there.
If you want to know for sure, call the base...

Question 2: Ask the gardener, maybe he knows... :mrgreen:
Just think of it that we are lucky that we are allowed on the base (although we pay for it)...

Grtz.
Zipper.
Nikon D300, D700 & D3, AF-S 70-200ED 2.8 VRII, AF-S 24-70ED 2.8, AF-S 300ED 4.0, TC-17E II.
jeroenow
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by jeroenow »

Zipper wrote:Hi...
jeroen wrote:1. can you confirm that all of the aircraft or most of the aircraft will be parked on the parallel runway as they fly out of the shelter area during this weeks missions as I am right informed? Don't shoot me if I am wrong and hopefully I am wrong but I was told there will be only a static display on the parallel runway and the flying part is from the shelter area at the other side of the runway. Once again hopefully I am wrong...

Question 1: I have visited several spotter-days at KB and on all these occasions, the planes were parked on the parallel runway and sorties were flown from there.
If you want to know for sure, call the base...

Question 2: Ask the gardener, maybe he knows... :mrgreen:
Just think of it that we are lucky that we are allowed on the base (although we pay for it)...

Grtz.
Zipper.
Of course I consider myself very lucky that KB is organizing such an event for us... and yes based on all the previous ocassions - I had my first one on KB in 1985(!) - the aircraft were parked on the parallel runway but I just want to know if Mirage 69 could confirm it as I heard a different story this year...

Of course it will be an awesome day :-)

cheers Jeroen
mirage 69
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: mirage 69

Post by mirage 69 »

Hi there,
i can not confirm that the situation is the same as last years....
Think that the pictures from the shelterarea are normal because during operational days they will keep the parralel free...(just in case off situations that blocked the runway)

About pictures on the runway...I don't know how high the grass is.

KB won't be KB if they arranged it well for friday.....
DJdeRidder
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4 Mil
Subscriber Scramble: DJdeRidder

Post by DJdeRidder »

Yesterday the fences were already in place and the 'spotters corner' was completely gone. The only place to stay was along the secundary runway. Not sure if they will change this for Friday. There was no static yet, but there were fire extinguishers about every 30 meters so that might indicate there will be a static or start up from the second runway. If not, you will surely see all aircraft taxiing in front of you after landing, like they did yesterday..
Check Out My New FLIGHT Coffee Table Book
jeroenow
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by jeroenow »

Thanx for the update...

I saw indeed pics of fences between (parts of?) the parallel runway and the main runway and I also heard that the spotters corner like the previous years will be 'different' this year but we have to see for ourselves... Anyway the weather will be perfect, the quality of the participating aircraft is from a high standard so I can't think of any reason why tomorrow won't be succesful!!!

Enjoy and have fun!

cheers Jeroen

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”