Wittmund again.....

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Hornet69
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Wittmund again.....

Post by Hornet69 »

Sorry folks,

want to share some of my pics I took when I visited Wittmund on tuesday 18th of August. Flying activity was nice with three waves of Phantoms and four waves of swiss Hornets. Serials of this day can be found in this topic .

hope you don't get bored with the pics as already many have been shown!

1) Taken at the fence, eastern side 300mm digital equals in my case 450mm analog

2) Taken at the fence, eastern side 180mm digital equals in my case 270mm analog

3) Taken from the hill, eastern side 300mm digital equals in my case 450mm analog

4) Taken at the fence, eastern side 175mm digital equals in my case 260mm analog

5) Taken at the fence, eastern side 190mm digital equals in my case 285mm analog

6) Taken at the fence, eastern side 180mm digital equals in my case 270mm analog

7) Taken from the hill, eastern side 420mm digital equals in my case 630mm analog

8 ) Taken at the fence, somewhere near the middle, 190mm digital equals in my case 285mm analog

9) Taken at the fence, western side 190mm digital equals in my case 285mm analog

10) Taken at the fence, western side 340mm digital equals in my case 510mm analog

Hope this gives an impression what now-a-days is possible at Phantomtown Wittmund.

Grtz,

Edward.
Iwan Bogels
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: Iwan Bogels

Re: Wittmund again.....

Post by Iwan Bogels »

Hi Edward,

Great report ! Seems like there are still plenty of good photospots left to shoot without rubbish in the background.

Well done,
Iwan
Fox2 - for everything about low flying in Wales........and more !!

Hornet69
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Hornet69 »

Hi Iwan,

thanks for your kind words.

Although since the new fence was built some very nice photo spots were lost forever still nice pictures can be made. A stepladder along the fence is a must due to the height of the fence. Security does not tolerate stepladders but when no action is taking place I keep away from the fence.

Grtz,

Edward.
Sieds KLU
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie

Post by Sieds KLU »

A few from my side from 18-08-09:

http://www.frisian-airpower.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
roel lodder
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior