Linköping Sweden, 24 Sept 2008

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Flygvapnet_Viggen
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: F5 - Bad Weather & Atmosphere!

Linköping Sweden, 24 Sept 2008

Post by Flygvapnet_Viggen »

Guinness wrote:
CIVILIAN ???? :dontkno:
As promised to Guinness, I went to Linköping this month! :lol:
Although I tried my outmost best in order to get some military Saabs in the picture, there was one thing that prevented me of doing that...
I got a visit from the Security! :? As it is illegal in Sweden to take photos towards a military area I had to show him the pics taken, fortunately there were no buildings or other infrastructure visible so I could convince him I thought it was okej when no military infrastructure is visible, only the plane. He talked to his boss and I could keep the photos but was sent away, nevertheless he gave me a ride to the end of the road; nice guy!
So that was a bad start of this day. :shock:
I walked to the Flygvapenmuseum, but on top of all this the approach was changed and thus from the side I was first. After some take-offs of Sk60s I decided to go to Linköping-Vardsberg where the Saab factory is situated. There I stood at the wrong side of the runway aswell... Yet, they were flying with some Gripens and I was lucky to see the 5th South-African JAS!

So all in all, a disappointing day with disappointing photo results. I'm sorry Karel, I tried my best! And I think I shouldn't come back at Linköping-Malmen real soon...
The pics:

Linköping-Malmen

#2 Dissapearing in the fog/low hanging clouds

#3 Some other birds overhead

Linköping-Malmen, Flygvapenmuseet

Linköping-Vardsberg/SAAB

Greets, Corné
http://WWW.FVPHOTO.NL/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --- Check out my photos of this spotting season on my website!

I'd rather depict atmosphere and the 'heat of the moment' making a catchy photo than to reflect the real situation and real colours showing a boring photo.
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Thijs

Post by Thijs »

Number one is good :wink: despite the weather.

But next time, same aircraft, better conditions :lol:

Keep them coming!
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
Guinness
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Guinness »

He there Corne,

thanx for sharing !!

you lucky B$^^#@%)rd with the South African JAS-39.

Any chance of a pic ????

Hopefully you get to see RNLAF Gripens within a few years time :wink:

Thanks again buddy

Slán,

Guinness
Maarten
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by Maarten »

Ha Brother

The first and second are really great.. 8)
And I think I shouldn't come back at Linköping-Malmen real soon...
Indeed you shouldn't :D , maybe time to come to Gilze-Rijen again to see the Helitown. :lol:

Greetz
Maarten
Joost van Doorn
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Joost van Doorn »

Again some nice pictures from Sweden!

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”