Vacation Trip of EHVBspotter at Gran Canaria

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
EHVBspotter
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: F2

Vacation Trip of EHVBspotter at Gran Canaria

Post by EHVBspotter »

Hello everybody,

Here are mine pictures of Gran Canaria and Tenerife.

At the arrival on Gran Canaria i saw three aircrafts.

KC-130T 165000/QH

C295M T.21-05/35-43

and a F/A-18A C.15-84/46-12

and on the beach also i saw serval planes but unfortunately there way to far to photograph. but there was one chopper to take.

BO-105CB EC-ECI

At the departure. I saw four military planes and three civil planes.

C-130E 64-18240/RS

C212-200 D.3B-3

C295M T.21-04/35-42

and unfortunately not to read because i toke the picture from the inside of mine plane. the F-27

and here are the pictures of the civil part. first one is the plane were we travel with.

B737-8K5 PH-TFA

B737-8K5 PH-TFA

An-26B UR-AUA

BAe-125 G-GMAB

And we made a pitstop at Tenerife. And I saw there a AW139.

AW139 202/EC-KLN
Kleintje Pils
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Kleintje Pils

Post by Kleintje Pils »

You have seen some nice militairy aircraft over there! How are the spotting possibilities? I will fly for a 2 week holiday to Gran Canaria next Saturday. There might be some time to look around :)
Remco Donselaar
EHVBspotter
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: F2

Post by EHVBspotter »

all the pictures are taken from the terras and the terminal (all civil). with 400mm

At the beach I was watching how offen they flew, but the spanish airforce at gran canaria is flying very various. one day they fling from 10:00lt to 14:00lt and then nothing. or 2/3 days they are not flying. What i have seen flying is in two weeks: 4x F-18, 1x Cougar, 2x Fokker-27, 1x C212 and lot off commercial flights with choppers and light aircrafts.
with the departure of our vacation the f-27 came on 20:15lt back from a mission.
and the possibilities around the field i don't now.
Thermal
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F5

Post by Thermal »

Have been to several Canary Islands and I must say that the flying action at Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote is not that bad.

You can find some nice civ and mil birds if you are lucky.

Highlight for me was spending a week on the beach in Lanzarote and having a daily flying display by 4 F-18´s which they performed right in front of the beach.

BTW
Lowpoint was ending that same vacation with a 30 (!!) hr delay because our left engine was broken.
I always say a boy can learn more at an airport than at any school.
- Homer J Simpson -
mart
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by mart »

Thermal wrote:Have been to several Canary Islands and I must say that the flying action at Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote is not that bad.

You can find some nice civ and mil birds if you are lucky.

Highlight for me was spending a week on the beach in Lanzarote and having a daily flying display by 4 F-18´s which they performed right in front of the beach.

BTW
Lowpoint was ending that same vacation with a 30 (!!) hr delay because our left engine was broken.
I'm going to tenerife in a couple of weeks,
last time I was there I saw a couple of spanish UH-1's (?), do you happen to have any info about these choppers on tenerife norte?

Nice traffic on gran canaria btw.
Thermal
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F5

Post by Thermal »

do you happen to have any info about these choppers on tenerife norte?

Think that is the only military hardware based there. Don't have any further info.

I was staying around the Southern airport since our hotel was close by.

Lots of civs but some military like C-212 (touch and go's) and UH-1 and AB 212 dropping by from the North.

I have heard that Los Rodeos (north) is better though.
I always say a boy can learn more at an airport than at any school.
- Homer J Simpson -
Aviator CS
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie

Post by Aviator CS »

Just sit at the beach and at least one time you'll see some Hornets flying over. :D :D :D
topsafe
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: does/did it fly...I'll write it down....
Subscriber Scramble: 4122

Post by topsafe »

:yourock: Valkenburgspotter.....

You just filled 3 gaps in my LOG.....

rgds Mark

PS seeing your photos I think you were on the same flight back as I was !!!!
Did you see the Brasillian Herc during your stay??
Father of twins since 23-01-2009

topsafe1970@twitter.com
Kleintje Pils
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Kleintje Pils

Post by Kleintje Pils »

As I don´t want to start a new topic, I will post this info here...

When we arrived at the 28th the RS Hercules seemed to be there on the same spot. Didn´t see any of the SAR helo´s/ aircraft... Inside the shelters were 2 F-18´s.

Wednesday I went to the gate where a preserved Harvard/Texan was standing. I asked to photograph it, but this wasn´t allowed :evil: Does someone know the exact registration-serial?
Remco Donselaar
maurits
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: full military
Subscriber Scramble: maurits

Post by maurits »

Kleintje Pils wrote:As I don´t want to start a new topic, I will post this info here...

When we arrived at the 28th the RS Hercules seemed to be there on the same spot. Didn´t see any of the SAR helo´s/ aircraft... Inside the shelters were 2 F-18´s.

Wednesday I went to the gate where a preserved Harvard/Texan was standing. I asked to photograph it, but this wasn´t allowed :evil: Does someone know the exact registration-serial?
Hi Remco,

The Texan is T-6G as ''C.6-107/463-21'', real E.16-107
On the far side also an SF-5A is preserved on a pole, did you see this?
Serial is A.9-048/464-48 ''as C.9-048'''

I was there in September 2005 and saw a few F/A-18s in the shelter-area, also Falcon 20E and the local 802 Esc SAR F-27s and AS332B's....
From the westside there are good photo and spot opportunities but you have to drive through some small villages to get there...

Hope this helps.

Maurits

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”