AC-130U Gunships at Spangdahlem again 12.09.2014

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
USAFE
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

AC-130U Gunships at Spangdahlem again 12.09.2014

Post by USAFE »

Hi Forum,

I did it again... Light was ==censored==, but also a MC-130J showed up:

MC-130J 10-5714:

AC-130U 90-0167 18:02l arr - It was almost dark when she came in: :(

AC-130U 89-0511 18:22l dep

Cheers,
Johnny
Kane
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: No

Re: AC-130U Gunships at Spangdahlem again 12.09.2014

Post by Kane »

Johnny, I like the subjects and quality of your pictures, but the watermark copyrights are really, really screwing up the pics. I understand you don't want people snatching your photo's, but it really takes away the quality in my humble opinion.
Gerard
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Jawohl

Post by Gerard »

Kane wrote:the watermark copyrights are really, really screwing up the pics.
:agree:
.          |
          /O\
\_______[|(.)|]_______/
  o   ++   O   ++   o
USAFE
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by USAFE »

Kane wrote:Johnny, I like the subjects and quality of your pictures, but the watermark copyrights are really, really screwing up the pics. I understand you don't want people snatching your photo's, but it really takes away the quality in my humble opinion.
Gerard wrote:
Thanks for this feedback, guys. I can understand your point, but please understand also mine. I find my photos almost every week in other blogs and on other website. Not only that this is illegal, they do not even quote the source.

So the watermark is not debatable for me. The only option is to stop sharing. I am not taking the photos to share primarily, I am taking the photos for me... Please keep that in mind. :-)
Bennie
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: Military (numbers & photography)
Subscriber Scramble: Ofcourse

Post by Bennie »

Old meets New at Spang... with the 105mm Howitzer still going strong (even with watermarks :wink: ) 8)
Ben
Scramble member, reader & contributor since 1984
AK01
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by AK01 »

Hi Johnny, glad i decided to leave at 17.30, told you it would take at least half an hour, and no sunshine. :wink:
Regards Pieter,
Kane
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: No

Post by Kane »

USAFE wrote:
Kane wrote:Johnny, I like the subjects and quality of your pictures, but the watermark copyrights are really, really screwing up the pics. I understand you don't want people snatching your photo's, but it really takes away the quality in my humble opinion.
Gerard wrote:
Thanks for this feedback, guys. I can understand your point, but please understand also mine. I find my photos almost every week in other blogs and on other website. Not only that this is illegal, they do not even quote the source.

So the watermark is not debatable for me. The only option is to stop sharing. I am not taking the photos to share primarily, I am taking the photos for me... Please keep that in mind. :-)

I do understand. And I regret the fact that people are using your pictures without permission. I'll bite my tongue next time ;-)
ZeroOtto
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: ZeroOtto

Post by ZeroOtto »

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”