Report trip to Switzerland (a.k.a. Spottersheaven), Mai 2010

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Sven van Roij
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Military & Helo's
Subscriber Scramble: Sven van Roij

Re: Report trip to Switzerland (a.k.a. Spottersheaven), Mai 2010

Post by Sven van Roij »

rb1972 wrote:And which settings did he change?? Good stuff by the way
Jimmy showed that Canon's factory settings aren't in the highest quality. You can change the settings (on a EOS 40D) via MENU-BEELDSTIJL-GEBRUIKER 1-SCHERPTE. Sharpness can be set on 7.
K-9 wrote:We must not forget to pay special thanks to his father... :lol:
After all he has been the one ( i guess ) who has made it possible for us to enjoy these pictures being made by Sven.
I surely do! I do have my drivinglicense, but I'm not allowed to drive with a trailer or caravan. My father, fortunately, does have the right license!
K-9 wrote:reat shots !
Tnx!
Sven van Roij
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Military & Helo's
Subscriber Scramble: Sven van Roij

Post by Sven van Roij »

Sven van Roij wrote:After several hours on Alpnach, we saw a Cougar with Bambi Bucket leave. We quickly ran into the mountains, looking for a spot to shoot some decent pics of the Cougars hovering low above the water. After a (intensive) 20 minute run, I saw the helicopter hanging. Unfortunately, there were quite a few trees and a slope of about 40 degrees between me and the waterside. Quite a steep descent, especially with a tripod and photocamera! Anyway, we decided to descend down the slope. When we arrived at the waterside, pulled up for the last time, and flew back to base! However, after 30 minutes or so, another Cougar made several runs. The pilots said goodbye in style: the hovered 30 meters in front of us above the lake, and their downwash almost drowed us ;). Tnx guys :yourock:.
Not of the best quality, but my dad managed to make this short (and quite wet) movie of the Cougar with his mobile phone:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpH8a_IQJKA[/youtube]

Regards,
Sven
DJdeRidder
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4 Mil
Subscriber Scramble: DJdeRidder

Post by DJdeRidder »

Very 'cool' experience!! :twisted:
Check Out My New FLIGHT Coffee Table Book