Again Japan with 4A! Final Update.

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Makadocias
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Type of spotter: Everything!

Re: Again Japan with 4A! Final Update.

Post by Makadocias »

Amazing set of photo's! :worship:
sfw
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by sfw »

mart wrote:Beautiful pictures, some of them look unreal!
Could you tell us a little about your settings and equipment, for example for the chinook in picture 37 and the F4 in picture 32?
Why unreal ? They look exactly like it was in reality, if rotors/propellers are running you normally see the circle and this is I want to show on my photos :) It's not always possible to have a full disc but sometimes I can get it. The same applies to aircraft in motion, I hate to freeze them during take off or landing, I like them to look naturally, not like just a seconds before crash ;) .In terms of equipement I'm a Canon user: all of them has been taken with either 1DMKIV or 1Dx cameras, 500/4 L IS USM or 70-200/2,8 L IS USM sometimes with TCx 1,4 or x2 attached.

Chinook #37:

1/15s
f13
Ev+0,3
ISO 50
@ 115mm (100-400 L IS USM)
hand hold

F4 #32

1/100s
f14
ISO 100
@ 500mm (500/4 L IS USM)
hand hold

All photos in my threads should include Exif so it's kind of easy to read all photo parameters.
Enjoy Andy

Power of the Lens
https://www.facebook.com/arogucki/photos_albums
CBR
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: Ja

Post by CBR »

So quality wise top equipement ... perhaps Mart refers to the HDR look in some of your pics (01,08,11,12,18 and 45) which are the result of post processing ... am I right?
sfw
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by sfw »

CBR wrote:So quality wise top equipement ... perhaps Mart refers to the HDR look in some of your pics (01,08,11,12,18 and 45) which are the result of post processing ... am I right?
I don't know ask Mart.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Enjoy Andy

Power of the Lens
GerritsFinest
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: since 1964 military + warbirds + wrecks and relics
Subscriber Scramble: GerritvandeVeen

Post by GerritsFinest »

Could you tell us a little about your settings and equipment, for example for the chinook in picture 37 and the F4 in picture 32?
Unbelievable shots really, what are we doing here in Europe?!

Concerning settings and equipment: it's easy just to look into the file info of the picture, copy the picture to your computer, open it in photoshop and push (windows) shift+ctrl+alt+ I and the file info will open up > tab 'camera info"
for instance F4: canon eos1D lens EF500mm 1/100 sec f14 iso100, chinook with lens 100-400mm at 115 mm 1/15sec f13 iso 50
sfw
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie

Post by sfw »

GerritsFinest wrote:
Unbelievable shots really, what are we doing here in Europe?!

Concerning settings and equipment: it's easy just to look into the file info of the picture, copy the picture to your computer, open it in photoshop and push (windows) shift+ctrl+alt+ I and the file info will open up > tab 'camera info"
for instance F4: canon eos1D lens EF500mm 1/100 sec f14 iso100, chinook with lens 100-400mm at 115 mm 1/15sec f13 iso 50
The same result you can have after installing a plug-in to your web browser i.e Chrome or FireFox. It's even easier, just hover the mouse cursor over photo and you can read all the exif details.

Some more shots from Japan.

Enjoy Andy

Power of the Lens

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”