(PICS) Antalya (AYT) 06-14.08.2013

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Tu-154M
Type of spotter: CIV

(PICS) Antalya (AYT) 06-14.08.2013

Post by Tu-154M »

Hey all,

My first tripreport here on this site. During my recent holiday with my girlfriend near Antalya in August I took the chance to do some spotting at AYT airport.
Anyway, spotting in AYT is quite unconfortable, as mentioned in the previous tripreport AYT has 2 parallel runways with simultaneous usage, traffic is divided almost 50/50 on both runways. As mentioned in other tripreports I read before some airlines have preferred runways, I can confirm this but I saw here many, many exceptions, so nothing to count on when you wait for a particular aircraft. Due to my lack of time I concentrated on the last remaining russian aircraft, I had no scanner so my only chance was to find a position in the middle of both runways to reach both spotting locations on time when I saw the aircraft on approach, that worked quite good but I missed that way many other aircraft, but the russians are always worth to do that.
I only visited the airport in the morning, so all shots taken on the morning positions of Runway 36R and 36C. Nearly all spotting locations here are in small villages around to airports, the people there seem to not see very often foreign people (with camera...), you always feel a little bit "watched". Other spotters I met in AYT also told me it happened in the past that some citizens called the police, so be careful at any time.

Enough to write, here are the pictures:

The first of my wanted-list, SarAvia Yak-42 in AviaPrad-cs, RA-42378

Aeroflot is daily with IL-96, sometimes 2-3 a day, here RA-96011 in the early morning

Ikar Air B757-200 VQ-BAL, this airline was new to me, don't know exactly who they are, operating with 3 Nordwind 757

My very first An-148, RA-61710 with "Ice Hockey Team CSKA Moscow"-sticker

Windrose with their new A330-200, looking stunning!

My most-wanted were the Tatarstan Tu-154, the last regular Tu5 in AYT, however it took me one week to get the first one, the first week Tatarstan came only with A319 and B737, here RA-85799

My highlight of the year so far, Tu-154M Kazaviaspas, UP-T5406, inbound from Aqtau

The second Polet An-148, RA-61709

Red Wings is now daily with Tu-204, sometimes 2-3 flights a day

On the last day, finally, the 2nd Tatarstan Tu-154M, RA-85833 in basic Ural-cs

Transaero can also be seen with their Tu-214 2-3 times a week

Taken out of the Terminal prior my flight back home, all photo opportunity's only at the gates after security controls, no problems here, so be aerly at the airport, some good shots possible here

And last but not least 2 Helicopters taken from my hotel room balkony, althrough back light that Kamov Ka-32T was really nice, UR-CIO

I hope you like the pictures, if you have any questions please feel free.

Many greetings
Daniel
HV7572KC
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: HV7572KC

Re: (PICS) Antalya (AYT) 06-14.08.2013

Post by HV7572KC »

Brilliant pics :-) Thx for sharing, some real candy !
MAS017
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: yes

Post by MAS017 »

Nice shots :!:

How did you get to those villages :?:
Rented a car, took the bus/taxi or just walked... :?
Moos
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Civ & Mil

Post by Moos »

Nice shots ! :shock:
Tu-154M

Post by Tu-154M »

I had a rental car, it is a must for AYT spotting. There are some small busses driving through the villages, you could reach the spotting location with them also. But due to the 2 runways you have to be mobile, exspecially when you wait for particular aircraft. Landing directions also chances mostly 2 times a day, in the morning they always land from seaside, between 9-11 they mostly change landing directions and in the early evening they again chance to seaside landing, no matter what wind direction. I could see the approach/departures from my hotel, in 10 days I stayed there it was every day the same, only the times when they change are each day different.
Marcelb
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: Marcelb

Post by Marcelb »

a rental car is essential due to runway changes and the spots at the south side which are very difficult to reach by public transport. You will not be able to explain a bus driver where you want to go. Busses are not like in Europe. People hardly speak english, even in restaurants etc.
For an overview of all spotting places at Antalya and an indication of what comes on what day see my website
http://wheretospotatairports.wordpress. ... a-aytltai/
gold
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: gold

Post by gold »

Very nice and thank you for the report, very usefull. Tesekküler :-)

I notice the Kamov as well ( came across my office twice in june) but it isn't stationed at Antayla airport. as far as I know. Did you see it perhaps there?

Antalya 2013 : Aeroflot IL-96-300 by Hermen Goud, on Flickr
Marcelb
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Marcelb »

One more tip: if you want to go to Antalya for spotting: just do it. Do not be afraid for police or military. Just stay clear of the fence. And it helps to show why you are taking pictures to the locals if they are curious. Bring an aviation magazine or your photos. The people living here are VERY friendly. We meet twice people who did not have a clue what we were doing but a smile and some explain using your hands/gestures helps.
I have been at AYT for four days. Actually we did not see any police during our stay. Only a few of the watchtowers are manned. I guess you better stay outside their view. No problem when you are staying at the south side in the small Streets with the glasshouses. Nobody from the airport can see you there.
northside also no problem if you are staying in the smaller road north of the main road to Anyalya city.
Tu-154M

Post by Tu-154M »

I also did not have any problems with the locals, some looked strange when I was taking pictures, that's all. I would also go again for spotting in AYT, just wanted to say that you should keep your eyes open during spotting there.

I saw the Kamov during my 10 days stay 3-4 times from the hotel, Hotel Adonis, between Antalya Centrum and Lara. The Kamov always flew along the coast, mostly carrying something that looked like a waterbomber-pod, so I guess it is supporting firefighters. I think it is stationed somewhere in Antalya City or west of it as it always came first from Antalya and flew back towards Antalya.
gold
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: gold

Post by gold »

I saw the Kamov go into the mountains with the bucket , coming from sea. My location was/ is Konyaalti. Next sunday back for 1,5 week. but for work, so no time for serious spotting. Maybe I have to pull some strings to see if one of my local friends can tell more.
Clement
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: Civil
Subscriber Scramble: yes

Post by Clement »

Looks great !! thanks for sharing !
HV7572KC
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: HV7572KC

Post by HV7572KC »

Marcelb wrote:One more tip: if you want to go to Antalya for spotting: just do it. Do not be afraid for police or military. Just stay clear of the fence. And it helps to show why you are taking pictures to the locals if they are curious. Bring an aviation magazine or your photos. The people living here are VERY friendly. We meet twice people who did not have a clue what we were doing but a smile and some explain using your hands/gestures helps.
I have been at AYT for four days. Actually we did not see any police during our stay. Only a few of the watchtowers are manned. I guess you better stay outside their view. No problem when you are staying at the south side in the small Streets with the glasshouses. Nobody from the airport can see you there.
northside also no problem if you are staying in the smaller road north of the main road to Anyalya city.
We got busted 2 years ago. On the north side all behind some offices behind some bush a mailman in yellow car (turkish post) reported us to the police, within 15 minutes we got send away. I would go to AYT again, but probably be more aware of the mail deliverers :roll:
Marcelb
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Marcelb »

I am very curious to other stories about being sent away by police. I think tactics to avoid are:
-look for a hidden place. Do not stay on a spot where you are easily seen by traffic. If traffic driving on the busy road toward Antlaya city is able to see you, higher chances police will sent you away.

-Do not stay at a spot too long. The fact that runway direction changes during the day plus parallel usage helps to keep you moving ;-)
-keep a low profile. Stay in your car, do not walk around with your camera.
-avoid staying near the fence at the airport

BTW: Wind Rose seems to operate quite regular to AYT using the A330. Seen listed on at least Monday and Tuesday now. I will monitor other days this week.

Another side effect of the instable situation in Egypt is that more Russian carriers might go to AYT instead of Egypt. Hurgada saw 30 daily Russian airlines, reduced to 2 now.

Turkish people are very unaware of our strange hobby.
ron mak
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: ron mak

Post by ron mak »

Great pictures, and a nice report ! :respect:
Shunn31
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: Civil and military
Subscriber Scramble: YES

Post by Shunn31 »

I discover your topic and I have no words to resume it. I hope one day to go to AYT to make these beautiful companies ;)

Thanks a lot :)

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”