Madrid - MAD - 19/9/12 - CIVIL

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Madrid - MAD - 19/9/12 - CIVIL

Post by Indiaecho »

Hi,

Back in September I ventured to Madrid for a couple of days watching the comings and goings at this very interesting airport from the famous 'Mound'. Here are some of the highlights of Day 1.

Madrid is the best place in Europe for South American aircraft, and I hadn't been there long when LAN 767 CC-CXF showed up:-

CC-CXF by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

The new Iberia Express were busy:-

EC-FQY by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There was never long to wait between Iberia A.340 movements, with plenty of -600 and -300 variants:-

EC-ICF by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There were several Air Europa A.330s, including EC-LNH in a Skyteam livery:-

EC-LNH by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

More Spanish widebodied action was provided by Orbest A.330 EC-JHP:-

EC-JHP by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Helitt's ATRs provided some of the smaller movements:-

EC-LNP by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I had to wait right to the end of my visit for the best aircraft though. At 6pm I started to pack my stuff up to go and find my hotel, when I noticed a prop on approach. With there having only been three propellor aircraft all day, I decided to wait for it to arrive. As it got closer, it was obviously not an ATR. As it got closer still, it was clear that it was a profile I have not seen flying for many years. Once it was possible to confirm that it was Dakota the question was whose - the last thing I was expecting to see was a Canadian registered one! It was also the first turbo powered Dak that I have seen, to bring an excellent day to a close.

C-FTGX by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I later discovered that it diverted into Madrid on a flight from Lajes with a medical emergency on board.

I hope the photos are of interest - over 100 more can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/ and Day Two will follow.

Regards,

Neil

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”