Stansted & Luton - STN/LTN - 12 and 13 August - CIV

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Stansted & Luton - STN/LTN - 12 and 13 August - CIV

Post by Indiaecho »

Hello

A little while ago I posted some photos from Luton and Stansted during the Olympic opening weekend back in July - they seemed to be well received, so here are some from a similar trip I made to the two airports to see what was around over the closing weekend (August 12th and 13th).

I spent the Sunday of the closing ceremony at Stansted. Clearly not everyone was staying for the ceremony - one of the first departures after I arrived was Mexican Challenger XA-GPR:-

XA-GPR by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

737 action at Stansted is pretty continuous with the coming and goings of the Ryanair fleet, but Global Jet Austria's OE-ILX povided some welcome variety:-

OE-ILX by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Another interesting 737 was Travel Service's OM-TVR:-

OM-TVR by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

G-GSSF was the last BA / Global Supply 747-8 I needed:-

G-GSSF by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Another interesting freighter was ABX 767 N742AX:-

N742AX by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There were not as many aircraft parked up as for the opening ceremony, but Australian 125s such as VH-VRC are rare enough to justify a shot even when other aircraft get in the way:-

VH-VRC by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Suitably satisfied with an interesting evening's haul, I wass off to my hotel for the night, and was by the crash gate at Luton by 0530 the next morning. One of the first arrivals was Canadian Falcon C-GOAB:-

C-GOAB by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Corporate 737 N737ER was wearing a pleasing blue livery:-

N737ER by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

And a different one on the other side!:-

N737ER by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Estonian 125 ES-PHR was a welcome visitor:-

ES-PHR by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Amid the biz jets, Eurolot Dash Eight SP-EQD was a very unexpected airliner visitor:-

SP-EQD by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I think the Global Express is one of the best looking aircraft around, and OE-INC must be one of the best looking Globals, with paint that changes colour as the light changes:-

OE-INC by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Another great livery was worn by Gulfstream VT-BRS which bought my visit to an end:-

VT-BRS by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

While neither airport had been as busy as for the Opening Ceremony, they were both busier than usual, and I had two very enjoyable days. Loads more photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/

Regards,

Neil

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”