Edinburgh - CIV - 7/8/12

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Edinburgh - CIV - 7/8/12

Post by Indiaecho »

Hi,

Work takes me to Edinburgh fairly regularly, and one day last August I took earlier and later flights than normal allowing me to spend more time at the airport than usual.

I was lucky, as my visit must have been on one of the warmest days of the year, and so I was able to enjoy the sunshine while watching the many comings and goings at the airport. Ryanair had a number of flights:-

EI-ENB by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I was very pleased to see this Cityjet Avro in the special Leinster rugby livery:-

EI-RJX by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

United produced long haul action with this 757 off to the US:-

N58101 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Flights from the London airports form a major component of the traffic at Edinburgh, with regular flights from Heathrow. As someone who grew up at East Midlands in the 1980s watching the comings and goings of the British Midland fleet, the arrival of G-DBCG was a bittersweet moment, as it became the first BMI aircraft I had seen wearing BA colours:-

G-DBCG by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Here is G-MIDT still in BMI colours:-

G-MIDT by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There were also regular movements by Flybe Dash Eights:-

G-JECZ by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

The Flybe / Loganair Saab 340s were of more interest to me though:-

G-LGNJ by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Edinburgh has a thriving freight scene - here is DHL 757 G-BIKJ getting loaded for a busy night ahead:-

G-BIKJ by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I hope the photos are of interst - more can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/

Regards,

Neil
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: Edinburgh - CIV - 7/8/12

Post by Stratofreighter »

Indiaecho wrote:Hi,

Work takes me to Edinburgh fairly regularly, and one day last August I took earlier and later flights than normal allowing me to spend more time at the airport than usual.

The Flybe / Loganair Saab 340s were of more interest to me though:-

G-LGNJ by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr
I like this one! :)
August 2024 update at FokkerNews.nl....

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”