RAF Lossiemouth 03-04/10/12 [MIL]

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Macc
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Photographer
Subscriber Scramble: Macc

RAF Lossiemouth 03-04/10/12 [MIL]

Post by Macc »

Courtesy of my university timetable I managed to make a two day trip back home and off to RAF Lossiemouth with Mark (Lossie15) and my Dad for a couple of days. I planned to have two days, the Wednesday and the enthusiast's day on the Thursday which I initially did not get a place on but thanks to a couple of dropouts we all got on in the end. On our way down a couple of podded up Gripens departed in the hazy conditions which cleared pretty soon after. A trio of Typhoons departed, one initially taxied back but returned to perform a burner departure which was pretty awesome.

Thanks to everyone I saw for the company over the two days!

1. Soft morning light was very nice!
Lionel by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

2. Within 90 minutes the wave of six Gripens and three Typhoons began to return.
Scandinavian dragon by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

3. Landing long as usual.
Long lander by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

4. First time catching a Shadow!
Sneaky Shadow by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

5. Clouded up for departure, but cleared again as the last of six Gripens arrived back.
Ronnenby's fighter by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

6. Absolutely love HAS shots.
Alert and ready by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

7. The light toyed with us for recoveries of the evening sortie.
Tornado crew by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

The Thursday started off promising and within minutes of arriving at 05 the Shadow launched, initially not noticing I managed to swing round my camera in time to catch the moon in frame too!

A big thanks to RAF Lossiemouth for holding an enthusiast's day during such a hectic exercise. I imagine a lot harder than most people think it is! The Media Officers were also a great laugh too.

Apologies for the editing on these shots, working off a netbook with average online editing software.

Fly me to the moon by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

9. Tornado burning the moon.
Setting fire to the moon by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

10. Excellent light on the 41sqn jets.
Seekers and destroyers by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

11. Dramatic Gripen line.
Gripen line by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

12. Post flight work on the Gripen.
Post flight procedure by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

I'll try get more up soon.

Chris
http://www.maccphoto.co.uk
Twitter: @maccphotocouk
Facebook: /www.maccphoto.co.uk
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: RAF Lossiemouth 03-04/10/12 [MIL]

Post by Stratofreighter »

The Thursday started off promising and within minutes of arriving at 05 the Shadow launched, initially not noticing I managed to swing round my camera in time to catch the moon in frame too!
These 5 squadron Beechcraft Shadow R1s are supposed to be kept out of sight of the general public, right? :wink:
Well, if so, someone miserably failed obviously... :mrgreen:

Cracking shots as ever 8)
October 2024 update at FokkerNews.nl....
CR-74050
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Military
Subscriber Scramble: CR-74050

Post by CR-74050 »

Wow, great shots again!
http://www.reccereports.com
All about military aviation
Macc
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Photographer
Subscriber Scramble: Macc

Post by Macc »

Stratofreighter wrote:
These 5 squadron Beechcraft Shadow R1s are supposed to be kept out of sight of the general public, right? :wink:
Well, if so, someone miserably failed obviously... :mrgreen:

Cracking shots as ever 8)
The Shadow R1s are 14sqn now. It's the Sentinel R1s which are 5sqn. I think the cover on the Shadow has been blown for some time though!

Thanks for the comments guys.
http://www.maccphoto.co.uk
Twitter: @maccphotocouk
Facebook: /www.maccphoto.co.uk

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”