Some Shots From ErikFB

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
wild weasel
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: picked up my old hobby!
Subscriber Scramble: wild weasel

Re: Some Shots From ErikFB

Post by wild weasel »

Thanks for this positive input spotter for life, it's appereciated. So now i will do my part on this matter........discussions are fine, but let us be a little more constructive here.....

A lot of things have been said allready, so let's stop nagging/complaining about what is not right, or is as you would have expected this forum to be. Maybe it's good to have a redefining layout on this topic, which will hopefully clear the air a little bit. Maybe it's even good to give some more input on what you would like this Forum to have more, besides the excisting list. Maybe you have wishes or any ideas that will help this forum to get better and better........like Erik said before, the most difficult part is the start, so let's call this some slightly child deseases. waiting to be restored.

I think Tom will very much appreciate anyones input, idea's or critisism (as long as it is constructive), on this matter, to improve anyones wishes here.....i'm sure he's very open for this.

Let's try and make things better here..............and help our fellow aviation photographers in getting better.

But a redefining explenation on do's and dont's might be welcome here...

Menno
Shoot first, edit later! :-)
dj_ad
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by dj_ad »

ErikFB wrote:on the daily forums i miss the reactions like above. Now it has been placed in a subforum they came. It seems very clear to me that it has no use anymore to place them at scramble. It is still a hobby, but given the reactions i will stop with this stuff.
I certainly disagree with you're last part...Like you said yourself this reactions are missed in the daily forums.
So there is plenty of space to post your pictures and I don't think you must let you get dissapointed or leave
because of the reactions...someone will like them , others not, other will help you improve..etc etc, and that
will always stay the same,a matter of taste.
What Arco and Andras are doing is the right thing, give possitive critics and help to improve the pictures....
Nontheless this could/should(?) be done initailly in the normal photo-topics instead of the screened topics.
Screened topics certainly give an expectation of some good standards( en daar wringt de schoen denk ik,
sorry weet geen engelse uitdrukking
) of the pictures right out of the cam or post-processed and in this
way it maybe was not right placing here and/or letting this pictures pass through a certain screening.
But aren't we all human with our faults now and then...yes I think so.
http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Key
Site Admin
Site Admin
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: U bet

Post by Key »

:agree:

It seems about all has been said now, in this useful discussion. The main issue, I think, is what Arco said:
arrecoos wrote:Is this forum for photo's shown for criticism in order to learn something? (then tomba2247, start constructive criticism
to be an exemple to the rest of us).
Is it to show pictures in a different manner than the rest of the schiphol-pictures? (then a more selective screening
is needed to avoid a lot of repeated ''tricks'', as can be seen regularly allready in the previous posts). :)
Or is it for people to show progression in there pictures over time? (because I think a lot of people will miss the process).
As Tom stated before, he is still looking for the right path to get things clear. Let's hope this will work in the end. The best way to get things going could be sending your own photos to Tom. 8)

Erik
What four words, Jimmy!?!
SPL
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: None

Post by SPL »

ErikFB wrote:It seems very clear to me that it has no use anymore to place them at scramble. It is still a hobby, but given the reactions i will stop with this stuff.
I thinks this is a wrong reaction Erik. The discussion was not about your pictures (ok, a little bit), but about how this (sub) forum works. Your pictures were just the leading subject... So keep on showing your pictures :wink: !

Groeten Martijn
*just doing my thing*
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: civil airliners
Subscriber Scramble: ErikFB

Post by ErikFB »

My last reaction about this:

Perhaps it was not a good idea to show the pics in this topic but like i said before i missed the reactions in the daily topics. Now placed in this topic they came and thats confuesing me. I had cleaned my cam before leaving to EHAM , so by placing one of my lenses some dust and a small thread on the right hand sight appeared. I saw them returning at home but due to the different angles i tried that day i decided to place them i the daily topic of the 22th.

I normally use the automatic program of my cam and decided to try manuel settings like i did on the 757 of Icelandair. While i am figuering out the buy of a new photoshop-program i had not the time to shop them before placing them. All the negative reactions i recieved ( not of the guys who gave me some tips and trics to do it better) is a feeling for me by cutting my head just on top of the grass, that is why i decided to stop posting pics at scramble. I had some pics of some years ago i had plans for to post them, but for now it is all over.

Erik
wild weasel
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by wild weasel »

Erik,

Of course the choice to stop posting pictures here, is all up to yourself. But if you would like some help with improving your aviation photography skills, please let us know, we'll be glad to take you into the fields and share some experiences together....

Menno
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: militair/Civil

Post by tomba2247 »

Amen,
Erik dont stop posting your pics here.. I had to advise you befor posting them..So that is my fauld NOT yours!!
I am trying to find the right setting for this place , I think it is great that you have the balls to sent me your pics. ( I mean this positive )
Lets shoot together some time, and I will try to help you getting better and better.
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by ErikFB »

Tom,

Will send you by mail some of my favs. Lets see wat you find of them ( are pics from the past).

Erik
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: militair/Civil

Post by tomba2247 »

Photographer ErikFB
wild weasel
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by wild weasel »

Erik,

These are a lot better allready. your framing here is good, and i like your MD-11 shoot, good job!

:toppie: :scramble:
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by ErikFB »

Thx, Menno, the pics as shown above are some of my favs. ;-)
Andras
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Photo only

Post by Andras »

Those shots look a lot better Erik, ;-) no need to stop your hobby... DJdeRidder has got a nice little book about editing with LR3, get in contact with him and learn some tricks how to get good results with minor effort..

Greetz,
Last edited by Andras on 27 Mar 2011, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Groet,

Andras Brandligt
My images at AirTeamImages.com
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by ErikFB »

well, tomba has recieved some other shots of mine. Lets see what he is doing with that. ( some pics from the "old box" i would say ;-)
I will have the guts to post them, but with restrictions. And some day i will go into the fields again to train my skills again.........
Andras
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Photo only

Post by Andras »

Ah ok, he can probably do many things with your images, the question is what you can do? Do you edit your shots in anyway and if so what program do you have available for editing?

And have you checked articles on editing or books maybe? You can find those at different sites, in fact here at scramble they have a lot of topics about editing, check them out and give it a spin. :)

Greetz,

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Groet,

Andras Brandligt
My images at AirTeamImages.com
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by ErikFB »

I used a program called Magix ( very simple to use ) and only to optimize my pics. Normally i don't edit my pics when i placeq them at my flickr-site. Cause to the fact that Magix is out of service at my computer due to the Windows 7 configuration and the fact i will change to another cam i probably go to LR or PS ( the new cam will be a good old D90) so new changes to optimize my pics. Tom is more specialized in editing pics ;-)

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”