Some Shots From ErikFB

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: militair/Civil

Some Shots From ErikFB

Post by tomba2247 »

Photographer ErikFB
spotter4life
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: spotter4life

Re: Some Shots From ErikFB

Post by spotter4life »

Screened pictures with dustspot and foreground objects :||O:
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by tomba2247 »

This person doesn't edit his pictures yet, but he is welcome to post here!
EHAM
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: Joost de Wit

Post by EHAM »

spotter4life wrote:Screened pictures with dustspot and foreground objects :||O:
To be honest, I agree with spotter4life. This way I don't see any benefits of a screened photo forum.

Just my 2 cents.
Joost de Wit
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by tomba2247 »

EHAM wrote:
spotter4life wrote:Screened pictures with dustspot and foreground objects :||O:
To be honest, I agree with spotter4life. This way I don't see any benefits of a screened photo forum.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't understand you guys..You never give comment to a pictures here ..but when you see something to wheep about... there they are ???
Just skip this forum ..like you did before.
I think it is nice to put his pics in a topic, and see how he will grow in time..
spotter4life
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by spotter4life »

tomba2247 wrote: I don't understand you guys..You never give comment to a pictures here ..but when you see something to wheep about... there they are ???

Just skip this forum ..like you did before.
Nice to know that I skip this forum. And what a shame: I didn't comment to a picture on this forum, even if it only exists a few weeks :respect:
tomba2247 wrote:I think it is nice to put his pics in a topic, and see how he will grow in time..
Key wrote:The aim is to get the best photographic results, even - or perhaps especially - from 'regular' scenes, in terms of shooting technique and post-processing.
A picture with reeds and a dustspot is in my humble opinion not the "best photographic result". Due to your response I know that critism is impossible because YOU are the screener
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: civil airliners
Subscriber Scramble: ErikFB

Post by ErikFB »

Gentlemen,

If you will find it nessecary to give critics on efforts of people who wants to show their efforts of their hobbies and skills it is fine to me, but make that in a PM or something like that. If you don't find the time for that, don't spill your energy on this topic and forum.

And first of all: READ the intro written by Key on this forum and topic !!!! :respect:

Erik
arrecoos
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Post by arrecoos »

ErikFB,

A few remarks regarding the final touch of your pictures, because I think this is what could be better.
Photographic angles look fine to me!

Photo nr1:
Is a little to dark, try to lighten it up in photoshop or the like,
It is also a bit soft, this can be altered by adding some sharpness, and a little extra contrast would be nice as well.
Colors are a bit dull, try to put some yellow, a little red in the middle range. A little saturation as well. Composition ok.

nr2:
Apart from some constructions in front af the aircraft, nicely placed. Too less contrast, mostly because of
heat and distance. A little sharpening and some extra saturation could be used as well. The soft grass in the front is a nice touch!

nr3:
Lack of contrast, sharpness is ok, white on the side of the fuselage en the engine has lost detail and thus overexposed.
You could try to darken these particular area's. Composition ok.

nr4:
Lack of contrast, sharpness is ok, white on the side of the nose and some other fuselage parts have lost detail and thus overexposed. A little saturation on the orange parts should make the picture more shiny.

Most do indeed have some dustspots. You can make those visible by adding (temporarely) an extreme amount of contrast,
and get rid of them with the clone tool.

I don't know if you use the histogram for exposure/contrast, but it could be a good thing to dive into it. (Google is your friend:-) Good luck with your shooting, keep on practising!

PS. I have no idea whether this the right way to act, because to me, and a lot of other people apparantly, the meaning of
this forum is not at all clear. The reactions of tomba2247 (with all respect) do not really help in the right direction to understand the principle.

Is this forum for photo's shown for criticism in order to learn something? (then tomba2247, start constructive criticism
to be an exemple to the rest of us).
Is it to show pictures in a different manner than the rest of the schiphol-pictures? (then a more selective screening
is needed to avoid a lot of repeated ''tricks'', as can be seen regularly allready in the previous posts). :)
Or is it for people to show progression in there pictures over time? (because I think a lot of people will miss the process).

..Or I am totally off centerline here..?

Sorry moderators for the off topic stuff. In my opinion the messageboard works fine, except for this one. I have the idea that we are not going anywhere with this part of the board at the moment. Maybe a clearer explanation in the first post?!

regards,

Arco
Andras
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Photo only

Post by Andras »

Hi all, some off topic stuff here too, and compliments for Arco and his constructive criticism! I would like to add a few cents as well.

I think everyone here is trying to make this a success but the written word can be interpreted a lot of different ways :)

Erik is willing to take a risk by sending in somewhat „uncommon" pictures like these and i think Tomba just wanted to show that all kinds of pictures are allowed and can pass the screening. Only the word „screening” doesn’t really hit the nail on the head if you catch my drift.
Maybe it would be better to first edit and then post the pictures. Tomba is new to this just like i would be new to this, and he is probably looking for the best way to handle all messages, criticisms and trying to make everyone happy. (Which is an almost impossible task - i think at least..hahaha) Tomba already stated that he (or anyone else whos willing) is available to help Erik with editing tips or something like that and that is in fact the whole meaning of this „test case forum” to help eachother. So, next time just do it in a different order ;-)

I think the comments of EHAM and Spotter4life are normal reactions to what we see in the above pictures. Most of us are used to heavy screening etc. so if you see dustspots or twigs in a screened part of the forum you are bound to give such comments. Offcourse, the things mentioned are one, but maybe giving a tip of putting in some more exposure (post-editing) or "overexposing on the scene on the 757" or "better not shoot the 747 take-off with all that heat-haze” or "nice angle on that Emirates logo" could have done the trick as well ;-) At least, this is how i interpreted it....

I also understand the somewhat "flame mode on” from Tomba, although i would not choose to react in this manner. It could be frustration, which i could understand. What he probably was trying to say (and this is just my 2 cents): If you take the time to give your comment regarding the dustspots etc, and also ADD another one on how to correct it the frustration would be much less and the discussion would still be accessible for everyone :-)..
It’s easy to enhance the negative side of things but trying to bring out a positive comment could be even easier ;) Hell, even his English improved a lot lately! (still not entirely there though..)

So , i think we can agree that Erik’s shots just need a tad of editing which is just a few mouse clicks away.

Greetz!
Groet,

Andras Brandligt
My images at AirTeamImages.com
SPL
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: None

Post by SPL »

tomba2247 wrote:I don't understand you guys..You never give comment to a pictures here ..but when you see something to wheep about... there they are ??? Just skip this forum ..like you did before. I think it is nice to put his pics in a topic, and see how he will grow in time..
Tomba,

I don't think you have to give a reaction like above. Sounds very arrogant. Who are you to decide if they visit this subforum/area? Be glad these people take a look. You are the screener, then you can count on reactions and you have to handle them in a normal way.

My opinion: I'm not a photo expert, but these pictures don't look well enough (yet). It's just unclear which pictures you screen and give a go for it. Now there is no line, at this moment it looks if all pictures can come to this area. If you want to help someone (like ErikFB), let him place his pictures in the normal topics, help him to improve and when his pictures are at some level, reward him with placing them in de 'screened area'. My feeling says that screened pictures must be at some level, you as screener needs to find the level, but it's not good to place these pictures.

Don't feel attacked, just my 2 cents and trying to getting some things clear, like Andras and Arco also are saying.

Groeten Martijn
*just doing my thing*
ErikFB
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: civil airliners
Subscriber Scramble: ErikFB

Post by ErikFB »

on the daily forums i miss the reactions like above. Now it has been placed in a subforum they came. It seems very clear to me that it has no use anymore to place them at scramble. It is still a hobby, but given the reactions i will stop with this stuff.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
tomba2247
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by tomba2247 »

Don't feel attacked, just my 2 cents and trying to getting some things clear, like Andras and Arco also are saying.

Groeten Martijn
Thank you Martijn, I think you guys have a point and I will try to find my way in accepting the pictures that are sent to me.
I dont mind the comments in this topic as long as the intention is to try to help each other.

I think this is it for now on this topic.
Spodder
Type of spotter: F5

Post by Spodder »

Come down Guys! In fact Tomba's Idea to create this subforum is not such a bad idea. First I was thinking like "Who needs that?" but I was thinking about to give this area a chance. But It's possible to understand the reaction of all of you. It's like Tomba wants to see "Apple's" in this Forum but actually most of the members only see an Orange, because they expected something different in this Forum, includes me. (That don't means that there haven't been any great photos yet!) - It's just makes no sense if everything is getting accepted. It don't have to be always "NustyR"-Pictures with close ups of smoking tires or whatever. It could be also normal pictures of every Spotter with every kind of lens but it has to be a kind of special... and with good Quality.

It's just like the Databases.... If you put pictures into a normal Forum, nobody will say "ahh xyz pictures!!!! never post them again". I think most of the people will try to help via an answer in the topic or via PM. But if you have an area, where a person screens... everybody is thinking like "What the hell is this picture doing here?".

The whole Forum is beautiful with lots of friendly members... lots of great Information... with the feeling "everything is fine". This is just a small thing... And it's possible to talk about that in a normal way. I love this Forum because there have never been any child-stuff like "Ahhh if you don't like that I will stop that nooooow". And this topic is no reason to start with it. I personally never had problems to take look into the Photo-Forum without this special screening area, had no problem to see "ok"-pictures with "perfect"-pictures in the same topic.

I think Tomba will find a way and I wish him Good Luck!

Cheers
Kleintje Pils
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Kleintje Pils

Post by Kleintje Pils »

When I look to the rules stated here: http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=71565 None of them apply to the images posted, they really downgrades the quality of this subforum...
Remco Donselaar
spotter4life
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by spotter4life »

ErikFB wrote:It seems very clear to me that it has no use anymore to place them at scramble. It is still a hobby, but given the reactions i will stop with this stuff.
If everybody could take awesome pictures from the beginning...

If you want 2 advises:

- Clean your camera before shooting / take the time to remove dustspots
- Don't shoot in P Mode (Shutterspeed like 1/2000 are much to short, a shutterspeed between 1/320 - 1/640 should be proper for airliners)

To get the nice angles you need to continue with your hobby. After a certain time you know what looks good

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”