Re: EHGR (Gilze-Rijen) 09-06-2010

ImageImageDedicated forum for all your questions, remarks etc about (aviation) photography, digital as well as old fashioned film.

Forum rules
ImageImage
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Alles wat vliegt, als er maar een motor aan zit.
Subscriber Scramble: marcel32us

Post by marcel32us »

Any more people who want to share the same picture? Maybe this morning if the wind is right we get to see another inch of the plane we're all gonna see at the open days next week. I'm looking forward to seeing many more (NOT).

Edit: just to make sure, I'm not talking about the first two pics, which do have a certain news-value.

SPLIT OFF FROM http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=64017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
topgun1984
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: A non cursing 4RTY F4RTY

Post by topgun1984 »

@ Marcel,

Why do you always have something negative to say? I hope you save your comments for the Photography topic of the RNLAF opendays... Then you see alot more "Double" pics... Don't get me wrong i do see your point, but the Jordanian C-130H isn't going to be ON static during the Opendays. Atleast what i've heard...
YOU DON'T NEED WHITE LENSES IF YOU GOT A WHITE CAMERA.
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by marcel32us »

@ topgun 1984

1. I do sometimes have something positive to say, but I only do it if I have something substantial to add, or if the pics at hand are so extremely great, that I will say it even though I don't have anything to add.
2. Most of the times when I see something that annoys me, I keep my mouth shut, but sometimes people go too far. In this case I sincerely ask myself why these pics are posted. What do these people think we all want to see? And please don't tell me I don't have to look. If you post pics on a board you want people to look at them.
3. If the pics of the open days are all the same it will annoy me, but if the pics posted are of reasonable quality I will keep my mouth shut. If however the quality (objectively seen) will suck, I might not be able to control my emotions :-( and will react to that.

Since this goes off topic again, I will not respond here anymore, but might in the Photography forum.

Marcel
PS: See Y'all at the spottersday, making the same pics as everyone else, but attempting to make 'm a little better then the rest ;-)
PPS: Why do you ask me why I always post negative comments, and never ask people why they always post useless pics?
stevezx-12r
Type of spotter: :-)
Subscriber Scramble: stevezx-12r

Post by stevezx-12r »

marcel32us wrote:@ topgun 1984

1. I do sometimes have something positive to say, but I only do it if I have something substantial to add, or if the pics at hand are so extremely great, that I will say it even though I don't have anything to add.
2. Most of the times when I see something that annoys me, I keep my mouth shut, but sometimes people go too far. In this case I sincerely ask myself why these pics are posted. What do these people think we all want to see? And please don't tell me I don't have to look. If you post pics on a board you want people to look at them.
3. If the pics of the open days are all the same it will annoy me, but if the pics posted are of reasonable quality I will keep my mouth shut. If however the quality (objectively seen) will suck, I might not be able to control my emotions :-( and will react to that.

Since this goes off topic again, I will not respond here anymore, but might in the Photography forum.

Marcel
PS: See Y'all at the spottersday, making the same pics as everyone else, but attempting to make 'm a little better then the rest ;-)
PPS: Why do you ask me why I always post negative comments, and never ask people why they always post useless pics?
wow- you look to be a very frustrated person...

look at the post again - he photographed the Herc the first time on the platform with lots of trees, and I understand from his story he actually returned the same evening with a stepladder to get 1 inch more out of the picture. DAMN he has to be a real spotter and is happy to share that with us. however if you only like shots that are made with a canon 1D with million dollar lenses (I bet you like NustyR's work 8) ) that's your thing, but here people like to share their experiences along the fenceline.
I was actually standing on the platform where the Herc was being parked, but I am not allowed to make pics (Herc looked really nice though). The aircraft spotters are on the fenceline during all hours of flight ops and in all weather so if you want to make the picture perfect shots standing in line with the 399 other guys (and girls ?!?) in a enclosure where the airforce just makes sure you have the best seat in the house and entertains you all day - go ahead! I know I will be helping the all weather enthousiasts to get the best shots the upcoming airshow... relax man... :roll: now let me look at some of your pics... :?:

edit : oops - I did, and pretty funny you comment on other people's pics not beeing up to standard :-) try to focus :lol:
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by marcel32us »

Posted my reply in the Photography forum.
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by ehusmann »

stevezx-12r wrote:wow- you look to be a very frustrated person...
I am sorry stevezx, but Marcel has a point. The intentions of the photographers are no doubt good, it just serves no purpose to post the same kind of shot, with obvious imperfections, three times. There are and have been lengthy discussions on this board about posting imperfect shots and the consensus most of the times has been that we should all try to reduce the amount of pictures and try to post the best quality only. Of course newsworthy shots are welcome, as the first one was.

Besides whether or not Marcel was right, we all should be open to criticism as well. If you post pictures on a public forum, expect comments on it. The person making the comment should try not to be too harsh (which in my opinion Marcel wasn´t), but the poster of the pictures should be able to accept that imperfect pictures will get negative comments.

Erwin
Aircolours
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Aircolours

Post by Aircolours »

ehusmann wrote:
I am sorry stevezx, but Marcel has a point. The intentions of the photographers are no doubt good, it just serves no purpose to post the same kind of shot, with obvious imperfections, three times. There are and have been lengthy discussions on this board about posting imperfect shots and the consensus most of the times has been that we should all try to reduce the amount of pictures and try to post the best quality only. Of course newsworthy shots are welcome, as the first one was.

Besides whether or not Marcel was right, we all should be open to criticism as well. If you post pictures on a public forum, expect comments on it. The person making the comment should try not to be too harsh (which in my opinion Marcel wasn´t), but the poster of the pictures should be able to accept that imperfect pictures will get negative comments.

Erwin
I completely agree with Erwin and Marcel!

Brgds, Peter
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by marcel32us »

I moved this discussion to a more appropriate forum, hope everybody finds it again.
stevezx-12r wrote:
marcel32us wrote:@ topgun 1984

Marcel
I'm quite allright, thank you for caring. I just like a nice discussion every now and then. Oh, and before anyone asks, yes I do think this is a nice discussion. If my comments seem a little harsch sometimes, you should get to know me, this is the moderately friendly mode.
stevezx-12r wrote:look at the post again - he photographed the Herc the first time on the platform with lots of trees, and I understand from his story he actually returned the same evening with a stepladder to get 1 inch more out of the picture. DAMN he has to be a real spotter and is happy to share that with us.
I look again and I still see pics of trees with a common plane behind it. Not every-day-common, but not top of the year either. As said if the pic sucks but there's news value, no complaints from me. In this case however, after the first set, the rest is of no value at all.
stevezx-12r wrote:however if you only like shots that are made with a canon 1D with million dollar lenses (I bet you like NustyR's work 8) ) that's your thing, but here people like to share their experiences along the fenceline.
I do like Nusty's work, but what has that to do with this matter? Even with a big lens and a million dollars those trees ain't becoming invisible.
stevezx-12r wrote:I was actually standing on the platform where the Herc was being parked, but I am not allowed to make pics (Herc looked really nice though).
Sounds frustrated to me.
stevezx-12r wrote:The aircraft spotters are on the fenceline during all hours of flight ops and in all weather
If that had been true, they would have posted the Herc while landing, now wouldn't they? Apart from that I think it's great these people still do what I did when I still had the time, that doesn't mean however that they can't keep some pics for mersonal memories that not everybody has to see.
stevezx-12r wrote:so if you want to make the picture perfect shots standing in line with the 399 other guys (and girls ?!?) in a enclosure where the airforce just makes sure you have the best seat in the house and entertains you all day - go ahead! I know I will be helping the all weather enthousiasts to get the best shots the upcoming airshow...
I prefer operational conditions personally, but if there's an oportunity maybe once a year to get my kicks in a somewhat easier way, I'll join.
stevezx-12r wrote:relax man... :roll: now let me look at some of your pics... :?:

edit : oops - I did, and pretty funny you comment on other people's pics not beeing up to standard :-) try to focus :lol:
[/quote]
relax man... :roll: now let me look at some of your posts... :?:

edit : oops - I did, and pretty funny you comment on other people's posts not beeing up to standard :-) you haven't got any :lol:
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Thijs

Re: Re: EHGR (Gilze-Rijen) 09-06-2010

Post by Thijs »

Moved all the comments into one topic.

Keep on discussing! as I also like a good discussion.

My opinion, i can understand why the posters are so excited about seeing a Jordanian Hercules at their homebase. But I do agree on Marcel that posting three times the same picture is just too much.

Be critical to your own postings.

Thijs
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
stevezx-12r
Type of spotter: :-)
Subscriber Scramble: stevezx-12r

Post by stevezx-12r »

marcel32us wrote:I moved this discussion to a more appropriate forum, hope everybody finds it again.

[/quote]
relax man... :roll: now let me look at some of your posts... :?:

edit : oops - I did, and pretty funny you comment on other people's posts not beeing up to standard :-) you haven't got any :lol:[/quote]

Guess you just found the reason I do not post on the forum :worship: I just think it is funny the way this whole thing is seen / commented from your side of the fence - that's all. :respect: to your outstanding photographing skills : OUT 8)
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by marcel32us »

stevezx-12r wrote: Guess you just found the reason I do not post on the forum :worship:
Must have been a ghost I saw.
stevezx-12r wrote:I just think it is funny the way this whole thing is seen / commented from your side of the fence - that's all. :respect: to your outstanding photographing skills : OUT 8)
I don't know who told you my photographing skills are outstanding, I for sure didn't. My skills in selecting pics that haven't been shown yet is doing pretty good though (even though improvement is allways possible).

Marcel
vuurwerkreeshof
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: F5

Post by vuurwerkreeshof »

Aangezien het in dit topic ook toegestaan is om Nederlands te praten ga ik maar even in het Nederlands verder...

Ik en Jimmy zijn natuurlijk erg trots op het feit dat wij als eerste de eerste arrival van de Open Dagen 2010 hebben kunnen platen. Je zou ons als een stelletje gekken rond de basis hebben moeten zien rijden. Ik ben onderweg met me scooter gevallen en ook bij Jimmy ging het niet helemaal goed :P Maar uiteindelijk kwamen we bij de 10 terecht en we waren blij dat we toch nog een glimp konden opvangen van de C-130H. Onze foto's lijken dan misschien wel erg op elkaar, maar het zijn maar 3 foto's die op elkaar lijken. Als het nou echt veel dezelfde foto's waren dan had ik je misschien wel begrepen Marcel, maar ik vind het toch echt erg jammer dat je er zo chagerijnig op moest reageren. Maar aan de andere kant had ik ook wel kunnen verwachten zulke reacties te krijgen op een forum met een hoop jaloerse spotters :worship: :respect: :mrgreen:

Ik ben trouwens ook wel benieuwd hoe dat volgende week nou moet, wanneer er tientallen foto's zullen verschijnen die uit dezelfde hoek zijn genomen :exa:
Redskin
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: a serial is just paint to brighten up an aircraft
Subscriber Scramble: Digitaal

Post by Redskin »

First of all, the first two almost identical shots were posted only 2 minutes after each other.
Second, Marces, try posting some positive comments as well, the negative ones will be accepted better. Now you look like a grumpy old man. :twisted: :mrgreen:
John
cr74653

Post by cr74653 »

vuurwerkreeshof wrote:Aangezien het in dit topic ook toegestaan is om Nederlands te praten ga ik maar even in het Nederlands verder...

Ik en Jimmy zijn natuurlijk erg trots op het feit dat wij als eerste de eerste arrival van de Open Dagen 2010 hebben kunnen platen. Je zou ons als een stelletje gekken rond de basis hebben moeten zien rijden. Ik ben onderweg met me scooter gevallen en ook bij Jimmy ging het niet helemaal goed :P Maar uiteindelijk kwamen we bij de 10 terecht en we waren blij dat we toch nog een glimp konden opvangen van de C-130H. Onze foto's lijken dan misschien wel erg op elkaar, maar het zijn maar 3 foto's die op elkaar lijken. Als het nou echt veel dezelfde foto's waren dan had ik je misschien wel begrepen Marcel, maar ik vind het toch echt erg jammer dat je er zo chagerijnig op moest reageren. Maar aan de andere kant had ik ook wel kunnen verwachten zulke reacties te krijgen op een forum met een hoop jaloerse spotters :worship: :respect: :mrgreen:

Ik ben trouwens ook wel benieuwd hoe dat volgende week nou moet, wanneer er tientallen foto's zullen verschijnen die uit dezelfde hoek zijn genomen :exa:
Ach jongens,
Wees blij met de “primeur” het zal de jaloezie zijn, en laten we vooral hopen dat we weer een hoop foto’s te zien krijgen van een ieder die zijn artistieke kunsten kan / wil laten zien.

Zeurpietjes hou je altijd
marcel32us
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by marcel32us »

Redskin wrote: First of all, the first two almost identical shots were posted only 2 minutes after each other.
So? Als je bedoelt te zeggen dat meneer 2 niet wist dat meneer 1 al gepost had, meen ik uit het bijschrift af te leiden dat hij daarvan wel op de hoogte was.
Redskin wrote:Second, Marces, try posting some positive comments as well, the negative ones will be accepted better. Now you look like a grumpy old man. :twisted: :mrgreen:
Dan herken je me tenminste volgende week op de open dagen ;-)

@vuuwerkreeshof: Fijn dat jullie er zo trots op zijn, maar dat neemt niet weg dat ik het allemaal niet hoef te zien. Zoals gezegd, de eerste paar foto's prima, die hebben enige nieuwswaarde. Daarna zou ik ervoor gekozen hebben alleen maar te posten als ik echt iets toe te voegen had. Bijvoorbeeld een echte mooie foto, en niet nog één door de bosjes.

Hoe dat volgende week moet als iedereen de zelfde foto's maakt? Op zich geen probleem, maar hou ze lekker voor jezelf, tenzij ze iets toevoegen aan wat er al staat. Ik weet dat dat een zinloos advies is omdat velen toch weer hun memorycard gaan dumpen zonder eerst te kijken wat er al op het MB staat (en soms zelfs zonder te kijken wat er op die card staat lijkt het wel).

Waar ik me vooral aan blijf storen is dat men op dit MB wel accepteert dat er baggerfoto's worden getoond. Dat er wel wordt geaccepteerd dat er volkomen ongefundeerd over die foto's wordt gejuichd, maar als er iemand werkelijk een inderbouwde mening geeft dat meteen als negatief en grumpy wordt ervaren.

Tenslotte: Jaloerse spotter? Om een Jordaanse herc die ik al 10 keer gezien heb dwars door de bosjes? :lol:

Return to “Photography”