Axel, Alex and myself - 08dec2009

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Sines
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Axel, Alex and myself - 08dec2009

Post by Sines »

To begin with, the wx was absolutely pants. Heavy showers at first but luckily we (Alex was with me, let's call him Axel from now on....) kept it dry during the flying part.

The computer showed this at the planning stage. Streetview is not yet available at this part of town

So we have to produce it ourselfs

Redskin had to use all hellfires to supress the enemy

but even four AH-64D's could not retrieve the 'jackpot'

What?? The White Mice from Cornfield got their feet dry to shake some smokey sams out of their sleefes at the off-airport LZ where the Cougars landed

While they got feet dry, Grizzly got wet feet in LZ Green which was 'ICE' at that moment. POW there you go!

The final phase, two Sjoeks landed while under fire of Taliban. Hence the return fire from the door and cargo ramp

His buddy still on the ground for more then TWO seconds

The truck brought the vertical sling load

and; surprice, surprice. They became the horizontal sling load themselfs. Driving a lorry in a wet, wet, wet field, shame on them.

This one did not get him out and we did not await if the second slightly bigger tracktor did.
Marcel Mutsaers
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Re: Axel, Alex and myself - 08dec2009

Post by Marcel Mutsaers »

Nice report Sines!
Redskin301
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Graphical
Subscriber Scramble: nee

Re: Axel, Alex and myself - 08dec2009

Post by Redskin301 »

Today I had a wonderfull afternoon at the gras strip of Axel.
We were playing around with some Chinooks. Weather conditions
were typically december; clouds and from time to time al little
bit of sun. It was my first time I saw a gunner of the Chinook using
its guns. In a real situation I was a victim of its guns because I
was that close. Hope you like my shots...

ISO200, 210mm, f5.0, 1/100sec

ISO200, 300mm, f5.6, 1/200sec

ISO200, 250mm, f5.0, 1/200sec

ISO400, 180mm, f5.0, 1/60sec

ISO400, 180mm, f5.0, 1/60sec

ISO400, 200mm, f5.0, 1/60sec
Regards Alex van Noye,

http://www.runway28.nl

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”