a lot of J-79's today...

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
sharpshooter
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Re: a lot of J-79's today...

Post by sharpshooter »

Hi Hans

I see you've got your anwer allready from Paul!

To Fred: To me it was simply not as good as in the past with the grass and the new background, but still oké! "it could be worse".

Cheers!
Peter
scuderia
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: scuderia

Post by scuderia »

[quote="sharpshooter"]Hi Hans

To Fred: To me it was simply not as good as in the past with the grass and the new background, but still oké! "it could be worse".

Peter,

Here's an example of the opportunities at "the farmers spot"

So no high grass or disturbing backgrounds.

Cheers, Fred
Last edited by scuderia on 27 Oct 2009, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
spotter4life
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: spotter4life

Post by spotter4life »

Awesome picture :shock:
sharpshooter
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by sharpshooter »

Hi Fred,

Wow man, you sure are right!! I should have done my homework better because I didn't know this spot... We were at the taxiway in the fields left of the QRA shelter in the corner where the fence makes that 2nd "knik"...

My toes curl by realizing I should have stood at another place...
Perfect shot!!

cheers,
Peter
scuderia
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: scuderia

Post by scuderia »

Peter,

Just before we left for Japan, there was a topic on this messageboard where this spot was mentioned.
http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=56124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a local farmer with some private land in between the fences of the base. After a phonecall by some japanese spotters(the phonenumber is at the gate) a very tiny japanese woman showed up and after paying 2000 yen pp we spent the day and the day after in one of the observing towers at this great spot. Perfect till 1 o'clock.

Fred
Flying_Wings
Type of spotter: Photos only

Post by Flying_Wings »

Paul van der Linden wrote:They are down to six RF-4Es and five RF-4EJs. However, the number seems to be steady now. No more recce Phantoms have vanished since March this year, when 913 was seen for the last time.
Greetings, Paul
Hi Paul,
do you know which are the ones that remain in service at the moment?
Andreas
Hans Rolink
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4.5
Subscriber Scramble: Hans Rolink

Post by Hans Rolink »

Paul van der Linden wrote: Hi Hans,

Both of them! They are down to six RF-4Es and five RF-4EJs. However, the number seems to be steady now. No more recce Phantoms have vanished since March this year, when 913 was seen for the last time.

Now I am even more happy with our very succesful day in April! :)

Greetings, Paul
It certainly was a great day, despite some gloomy prospects at first!
As a photographer, I nailed four out of six RF-4E's and three out of five RF-4EJ(Kai)'s. Not bad, not bad at all!

Hans.
Maurice
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: yes

Post by Maurice »

@Andreas: we had the following 11 operational recce Phantoms (seen in two days, 15 and 16 October 2009):
RF-4EJ:
07-6433
47-6335
67-6380
77-6392
77-6397
RF-4E:
47-6901
47-6903
47-6905
57-6907
57-6909
57-6912

@Fred: it certainly was a great spot! Mind you, the old lady only speaks Japanese and is not willing to help people who don't speak her language! We were fortunate that our visit coincided with two Japanese spotters!

Flying_Wings
Type of spotter: Photos only

Post by Flying_Wings »

Thanks for the numbers, Maurice. I have just checked and haven't seen any other aircraft as well back in March.
dinovandoorn
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: dinovandoorn

Post by dinovandoorn »

sharpshooter wrote:Hi Fred,

Wow man, you sure are right!! I should have done my homework better because I didn't know this spot... We were at the taxiway in the fields left of the QRA shelter in the corner where the fence makes that 2nd "knik"...

My toes curl by realizing I should have stood at another place...
Perfect shot!!

cheers,
Peter
Well i was at the same spot next to the QRA shelter and it was quit easy to avoid the gras with a step ladder... :D

Greetings,
Dino van Doorn

sharpshooter
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by sharpshooter »

Well I can only conclude now that I really failed at the taxiway... (with stepladder!)
Great shots Dino!

Cheers
Peter

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”