La Paz, Bolivia (photos)

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
canberra
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: not too bad

La Paz, Bolivia (photos)

Post by canberra »

Had to drop off the wife at the airport today (09/Jul/08 ) so took the change to hang around for a bit and make a few photos (all through glass though).

Not too much changes in La Paz so it is mostly the good old usual suspects.First International departure of the day, N645AA B752w American Airlines

LAN had no less than two flights today, first CC-CPF A319 LAN Peru

And later CC-CQM A320 LAN Airlines

Aerocon have taken over Amaszonas' flight to Trinidad so therefore CP-2485 Metro Aerocon

Usual suspects in the shape of, first CP-2424 B722 and afterwards CP-2447 both from Aerosur

The Air Force was also active today, here FAB-021 Cessna 402

They even got a few Tangos (as the call the T-33s here) in the air, I was cought in the wrong place though :cry:

The third FAB BAe 146 had been moved so I was now able to get a shot for documentation.

Seen today Wednesday 09/Jul/2008 between 0715-1045L

Edit: the log is now here!

There seem to be very very few bizjets coming into La Paz, managed to catch a nice one on 01/May/2008 though.

All the best, Michael
adz
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: S2
Subscriber Scramble: ja

Post by adz »

You did it again, mister! Nice shots of equally nice aircraft. Till when will you stay in Bolivia?

Gr.
Ard
# But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake #
Wijgert IJlst
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: Wijgert IJlst

Post by Wijgert IJlst »

:thumb: Wow, unbelievable planes you have seen... those FAB crafts are very rare! You are a luck man to catch those Tango's... can't believe they actualy still operate these nowadays. But as I can see... it takes two for Tango... :wink:

Please keep some of this FAB / TAM stuff coming in the future... looking forward to an extra set of pictures like these.
Kind Regards / Groeten,

Wijgert IJlst
Key
Site Admin
Site Admin
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: U bet

Post by Key »

I second these opinions! Adorable 727s and a thrilling Tango.

Erik

P.S. Would you mind if I moved your log to the Spotting forum?
Edit: make that "that I have moved..."
Last edited by Key on 10 Jul 2008, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
What four words, Jimmy!?!
Sky
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Sky »

Very nice shots. When I see these pics of La Paz I want to cycle the death road again! Great place to be!
perrie
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: mil
Subscriber Scramble: perrie

Post by perrie »

Nice pictures, like the military stuff!!! :D
The Cessna picture is very nice, the T-Bird has a beautiful camo.
Thanks for sharing.
Per
r.e.hendriks
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: fly-by.nl
Subscriber Scramble: 1990>

Post by r.e.hendriks »

Nice!!!

Love that T-33.......

Regards, Rob.
EC
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by EC »

Wouldn't mind being behind glass for these kind of pictures!

:shock: EC
canberra
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by canberra »

First of all thanks a lot for the nice comments!! Amazing a totally f.ck'ed T-33 picture can create so much feed back.
Makes me think about the 'best picture' debate on the photography forum. Seem the aircraft on the photo has something to say as well :lol:
adz wrote:Till when will you stay in Bolivia?
According to plan until July 2011. So still a few years :o
Key wrote:P.S. Would you mind if I moved your log to the Spotting forum?
Edit: make that "that I have moved..."
:thumb: Thanks Erik, should have done that myself. I was just wondering if just LPB logs would be of interest to anyone :oops:
Sky wrote:When I see these pics of La Paz I want to cycle the death road again!
Don't push your luck, suvived once should be good enough :teeth:

All the best, Michael
hansvandijkhuizen

Post by hansvandijkhuizen »

While I was is Bolivia last October I booked a flight with TAM, Transporte Aero Militaire, the commercial branch of the Bolivian Air Force from La Paz to Rurrenabaque, which is in the Bolivian part of the Amazon jungle.

The flight in this beautiful bird (FAB92, Fokker F-27-400M) and taxiing over the military ramp at La Paz were sure one of my South American highlights!

Gr

Hans

canberra
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by canberra »

hansvandijkhuizen wrote:The flight in this beautiful bird (FAB92, Fokker F-27-400M) and taxiing over the military ramp at La Paz were sure one of my South American highlights!
Hi Hans, all

This Fokker was almost lost this Wednesday [23/Jul/08] when it had suffered a catastrophic engine failure during a flight from Riberalta to Trinadad. Parts of engine (or propeller) hit the fuselage resulting in depressurization of the aircraft.
A successful emergency landing was performed and all 32 pax escaped with serious injury. It’s believed the aircraft is still in more or less in one piece but it will probably be a while before she is back in the air.
EDIT: Cancel that back in the air part. Have just seen some photos, 99.9% that it is a write off. Fuselage broken several places, and one wing badly damaged aswell.

Just another photo of the bird at La Paz - El Atlo, 26 March 2008

/Michael
canberra
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by canberra »

It snowed quite a bit in the mountains tonight so I went to the airport with the hope of some snowy photos. Unfortunatly the snow didn't reach El Alto.

Anyway was probably one of my best days so far at La Paz-El Alto.

YV1495 Dassault Falcon 50, highlight of the day for me. Parked on military apron.

N493TA Airbus A320 TACA, one of the usual suspects

CP-2459 Metro Amaszonas, actually my first decent photo of an Amasonas Metro

FAB-100 BAe 146-200 TAM Bolivia

FAB-753/3312 Aerospatiale AS.332B1 Bolivian Air Force/Venezuela Air Force. Despite the crash of sistership FAB-752 10 days ago this Super Puma is still going strong.

N558KA Beech 350 Super King Air, arrived just as I was leaving. It parked on the military apron.

Two bad photos just for documentation.

FAB-002 Beech 200 Bolivian Air Force, haven't seen any photos of this bird before

Unknown Aero Commander Bolivian Air Force? Looks like registrtion serial ends in '12' any ideas for its full ID :?:

Last a photo in memory the Super Puma that crashed 20/July/2008 (for the Fokker F27 that crashed three days later see above)

FAB-752/7425 Aerospatiale AS.332B1 Bolivian Air Force/Venezuela Air Force, La Paz - El Alto 21/October/2007

That was all for now, all the best, Michael
Aviaphotos
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F5
Subscriber Scramble: No

Post by Aviaphotos »

Very nice Michael!!! 8) 8) 8)

Regards,

Pim
Pim Hesse Photography - http://www.pimhesse.com
Basman
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Subscriber Scramble: Yes

Post by Basman »

Please keep them coming Michael! Great to see some exotic stuff between all the "EHAM" topics.

Bas
flying_kiwi
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by flying_kiwi »

canberra wrote:This Fokker was almost lost this Wednesday [23/Jul/08] when it had suffered a catastrophic engine failure during a flight from Riberalta to Trinadad. Parts of engine (or propeller) hit the fuselage resulting in depressurization of the aircraft.
A successful emergency landing was performed and all 32 pax escaped with serious injury. It’s believed the aircraft is still in more or less in one piece but it will probably be a while before she is back in the air.
EDIT: Cancel that back in the air part. Have just seen some photos, 99.9% that it is a write off. Fuselage broken several places, and one wing badly damaged aswell.
Hi Michael,

I heard that part of the prop on the left engine separated which started the chain of events. Do you know where I can find photos of the accident scene, as I'd be interested to see the damage suffered.

Cheers,
Yorden

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”