Greyhound action. VRC-40 Rawhides on the move

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
Frank Crébas

Greyhound action. VRC-40 Rawhides on the move

Post by Frank Crébas »

To continue my Big E saga I got some Greyhoud shots to share with you.

Cheers,

Frank
Thermal
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F5

Post by Thermal »

Ok the reactions are getting a bit predictable maybe but:
:shock:

Applause for the Greyhound cockpitshot of the carrier :clap:

@ Frank
Maybe (I you have the time) you would like to share with us how you arranged this trip. I´m sure there will be a lot of people interested in your story.
I always say a boy can learn more at an airport than at any school.
- Homer J Simpson -
Melchior Timmers
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: Melchior Timmers

Post by Melchior Timmers »

Again very nice pictures. Realy like the first one. It looks like the coming recesssion in the US already resulted in budget cuts in pilots gear & hand gloves.....

Cheers,
Melchior Timmers
Editor Scramble Magazine
-----------------------------------------
PO Box 75545
1118 ZN Schiphol
The Netherlands
E-mail: melchior.timmers@scramble.nl
Internet: http://www.scramble.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stephan dBr
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: Stephan de Bruijn

Post by Stephan dBr »

Beautiful pix, they are legendary already!
Frank Crébas

Post by Frank Crébas »

@ thermal. to be honest with you I didn't arrange the embark my self but I was very, very fortunate to accompany a good friend who invited me to join him on this trip. He was there on assignment for some magazines and knows apparently how to set up such visits. The only thing that I arranged was a hotel room in Bahrein for our first night prior to our Greyhound ride to the ship.

But there is a way to make it happen! As a member of Ian Allan's "Aviation Photo Club or APC) I was sort of privileged last year to travel to Australia to visit the USS Kittyhawk who was sailing in the Aussie waters. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the ship because one hour prior to our departure with the Cod (we were in Australia at the time) we got the news from the US Navy that the CODs were grounded.... They did send a Helicopter the following day but that one could only take 5 of the 10 photographers along. I left behind....

So the APC might be something for you. They arrange fantastic trips with great access. APC trips in '08 include a tanker ride in a VC-10 from Brize and two trips to Japan (with base access!) more info can be found at: http://forums.airshows.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk ... 42;t=14113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps

Best,

Frank
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Thijs

Post by Thijs »

A pity that there is an Kalita 747 in the background of your last shot :wink:

The first one is one word ACTION! Good use of your camera!
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
Hans
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: S5 - Military & Civil
Subscriber Scramble: Yep

Post by Hans »

Thijs wrote:A pity that there is an Kalita 747 in the background of your last shot :wink:
Replace the red cheatlines with blue ones, paint "U.S. AIR FORCE" instead of Kalitta and add a small star & bar somewhere, and it would be OK I guess.......

paint-spotters........... :~?~:
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Thijs

Post by Thijs »

Replace the red cheatlines with blue ones, paint "U.S. AIR FORCE" instead of Kalitta and add a small star & bar somewhere, and it would be OK I guess.......
I rather prefer this 747 :wink:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1116447&size=M

And Yes your are right construction number spotter :wink:
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
Spooky
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Subscriber Scramble: Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hi Frank,

You lucky son of a b***. Taking the shot from the cockpit............... Brilliant!!

Ciao,
Anno

P.S. The other shots are not that bad 8)

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”