Strong indications: Aviodrome DC-2 not to fly in near future

ImageImageForum for all "old aircraft" related news, background, discussions and research.

Forum rules
ImageImageForum for all news, background, discussions and research on vintage aircraft, warbirds and wrecks & relics (stored, preserved, dumped etc). Actual logs -especially those of active airfields- are preferred to be posted in the appropriate Spotters forums.
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Strong indications: Aviodrome DC-2 not to fly in near future

Post by Stratofreighter »

Both airshow commentators/presenters at the Volkel Open Days already hinted very heavily to this, and now there is some sort of confirmation. :(

See the official Twitter-account at https://twitter.com/DC2_Uiver ,
which now redirects to
https://www.facebook.com/DC2UIVER/posts/533532940041711
DC-2 Uiver 21 uur geleden ·
Unfortunately I have to inform you that I will not resume flight operations at the moment.

Technically I am in perfect shape, enough funding is available :idea: and all paperwork is complete.

Other issues prevent me from flying,
but I hope the situation will change in the future.
I would like to thank my volunteers and the Aviodrome for their continuing support.
DC-2 Uiver Goodmorning.
The "other issues" are not IL&T / http://ilent.nl or FAA related. :!:
Also there is no issue with the Aviodrome board (they are really cooperative).

I am sorry, but I can only tell you if something isn't the reason as I don't know the real reason myself.9 uur geleden...
Last edited by Stratofreighter on 17 Jun 2013, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Monthly updates on FokkerNews.nl....
aviodromefriend
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: zo snel afgekeurd, ik kreeg geen kans S5 te worden

Re: Strong indications: Aviodrome DC-2 not to fly in near fu

Post by aviodromefriend »

As the friends of Aviodrome have been told a week before Volkel, this is still a "spin-off" of the park's bankruptcy.

Most of all the clubs that were involved in all kind of different aircraft have now relatively settled in with the new situation and the people that were entered at Lelystad by Libéma (who indeed are very supportive to people that want to fly from Aviodrome, as it will enhance the "experience"). BUT Libéma has made it very clear they are not going to fly aircraft themselves, as they know (and acknowledge) they don't have the necessary knowledge to do that. They do welcome though everybody that would like to do it, as long as these persons know what they are talking about, both flyingwise, operationally and financially.

Problem with the DC-2 is that NC39165 was bought by KLM and the L-749 by Schiphol and the local authorities, and are no longer part of Aviodrome's own collection. These three organisations have elected to merge the clubs which they set up and made responsible for these aircraft, which first have to settle in with themselves. As long as this hasn't been achieved (and that new club hasn't settled in with Libéma), it is considered pointless to go flying.
De Zamboni heeft kramp in zijn achterwiel
Jan Maarten Smeets, Heerenveen 31 oktober 2009
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: Strong indications: Aviodrome DC-2 not to fly in near fu

Post by Stratofreighter »

So it is organisational problems currently keeping the DC-2 / R2D-1 grounded :?:

Okay, could be worse :| A lot can be sorted out in one years' time. :wink:
Monthly updates on FokkerNews.nl....

Return to “Vintage, warbirds and wrecks & relics”