Dutch Lynx from Sirte to return-in pieces ?

ImageImageForum for all "old aircraft" related news, background, discussions and research.

Forum rules
ImageImageForum for all news, background, discussions and research on vintage aircraft, warbirds and wrecks & relics (stored, preserved, dumped etc). Actual logs -especially those of active airfields- are preferred to be posted in the appropriate Spotters forums.
frank kramer
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: frank kramer

Dutch Lynx from Sirte to return-in pieces ?

Post by frank kramer »

According to Dutch newspaper Telegraaf, the Dutch Government has reached an agreement with the new Libyan authorities concerning the return of the Lynx that was stranded at Sirte since the early days of the Libyan uprising. Apparently, it is on the move to Tripoli, where it will be dismantled and scrapped :shock: . The scrap will then return to the Netherlands by ship :evil: .

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/1160 ... rug__.html and
http://www.defensie.nl/actueel/nieuws/2 ... _transport

Reading both stories leaves some doubt as to the exact procedure: the scrappig might also take place after it has been transported to the Netherlands, in which case the hulk might still be more or less complete when it arrives here :? .
Frank Kramer

Always going forward... still can't find reverse!
DJdeRidder
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4 Mil
Subscriber Scramble: DJdeRidder

Re: Dutch Lynx from Sirte to return-in pieces ?

Post by DJdeRidder »

Als je op die foto op de defensie-site klikt, zie je dat de Lynx al voor een groot deel 'gescrapt' is. Hoewel dit de afgelopen 12 maanden natuurlijk ook door locals gedaan kan zijn..
Check Out My New FLIGHT Coffee Table Book
aviodromefriend
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: zo snel afgekeurd, ik kreeg geen kans S5 te worden

Post by aviodromefriend »

Ik kan geen plaatje op de defensie site zien (verwijderd?) maar op http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=79000 staat een oud plaatje, waarin je toen al kon zien dat het ding door bepaalde mensen al onder handen was genomen.
De Zamboni heeft kramp in zijn achterwiel
Jan Maarten Smeets, Heerenveen 31 oktober 2009
DJdeRidder
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F4 Mil
Subscriber Scramble: DJdeRidder

Post by DJdeRidder »

Ik bedoelde het defensie-linkje van Frank. De foto is nu gewijzigd, maar de heli is nog steeds (inmiddels volledig ingepakt) te zien.
Check Out My New FLIGHT Coffee Table Book
miggie23
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airshows, w&r, excersises
Subscriber Scramble: miggie23

Post by miggie23 »

I received information that Lynx 277 will not be scrapped. It will arrive at Rotterdam and will go to the Kooy. At the Kooy it will be refurbished, some imported parts will be removed, and it will go to a museum. Which museum is unknown?

One of the Lynxes will go to the De Kooy Traditie Kamer and four Lynxes will go the ROC’s in the Netherlands.

Good news for Lynx fans.
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Stratofreighter »

Indeed not bad! :)
Monthly updates on FokkerNews.nl....
Robert
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: Somewhere between pictures and serials....
Subscriber Scramble: Robert

Post by Robert »

miggie23 wrote:I received information that Lynx 277 will not be scrapped. It will arrive at Rotterdam and will go to the Kooy. At the Kooy it will be refurbished, some imported parts will be removed, and it will go to a museum. Which museum is unknown?

One of the Lynxes will go to the De Kooy Traditie Kamer and four Lynxes will go the ROC’s in the Netherlands.

Good news for Lynx fans.
I guess the MLM?
Robert
frank kramer
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: frank kramer

Post by frank kramer »

Well, from a historical point of view I would like to suggest that the Lynx be preserved "as is", so without refurbishment! It has a much higher historical relevancy to any museum when it is displayed in the proper setting than when it's cleaned, polished and repainted.. even though the situation it ended up in was somewhat of an embarrasment for some!
Frank Kramer

Always going forward... still can't find reverse!
aviodromefriend
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: zo snel afgekeurd, ik kreeg geen kans S5 te worden

Post by aviodromefriend »

miggie23 wrote:I received information that Lynx 277 will not be scrapped. It will arrive at Rotterdam and will go to the Kooy. At the Kooy it will be refurbished, some imported parts will be removed, and it will go to a museum. Which museum is unknown?

Good news for Lynx fans.
News is depending from which source it is coming. To put it in a simplistic way: Minister Hillen is more than supportive to put 277 in a museum (the ones I know of (so not necessarily a complete list) that are interested are Museon, Aviodrome, MLM, Navymuseum and the MLD traditionroom).

The military upper stages at the MoD are still into scrapping.
De Zamboni heeft kramp in zijn achterwiel
Jan Maarten Smeets, Heerenveen 31 oktober 2009

Return to “Vintage, warbirds and wrecks & relics”