ETAD 16-05-2014 off topic

ImageThe forum for all movements and news about Spangdahlem Air Base.

Forum rules
ImageMode S / SBS and radio logs, airfield specific, are allowed, but always state your source, mode S / SBS or air traffic conversations. These logs can be placed in the "day topic" so a separate Mode S / SBS radio log is not necessary
jheijna
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: freighter / mil
Subscriber Scramble: aye

ETAD 16-05-2014 off topic

Post by jheijna »

Deutsch > D. S....SSH..D ('richard de florennes')

English > : SO YOU KNEW A DAY IN ADVANCE ABOUT THE A-10s. WHY THE F..K DID NOT YOU POST IT HERE.
Richard de Florennes
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: strictly military aviation action only
Subscriber Scramble: Richard de Florennes

Re: ETAD 16-05-2014

Post by Richard de Florennes »

jheijna wrote:Deutsch > D. S....SSH..D ('richard de florennes')

English > : SO YOU KNEW A DAY IN ADVANCE ABOUT THE A-10s. WHY THE F..K DID NOT YOU POST IT HERE.
Beause I had no online access (anymore) when touring around in Germany, I do not even have a smart phone, and I was told by people in Schleswig, that information was already published on Scramble. When back online for the first time after a couple of days I was surprised that there was no advanced information available here. So do not blame it on me.
The only thing I can say in advance is that I personally BELIEVE (just a "feeling" after some 25 years spotting) that four A-10s will fly in the morning and in the afternoon next days and that two examples might go to the ILA tomorrow, all based on putting 1+1 together and without guarantee, even not enough to open a new topic.
Last edited by Richard de Florennes on 18 May 2014, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Fishbed_9307
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Fishbed_9307 »

jheijna wrote:Deutsch > D. S....SSH..D ('richard de florennes')

You forgot the smiley... And if you didn't, can somebody remove this guy from the forum?

Gtz, Paul
jheijna
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Type of spotter: freighter / mil
Subscriber Scramble: aye

Post by jheijna »

Remove me from the forum, so you guys can keep on posting NOTHING in advance. Aufwiedersehen.
Olli J.
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Olli J. »

jheijna wrote:Remove me from the forum, so you guys can keep on posting NOTHING in advance. Aufwiedersehen.
You are angry about a guy because he didnt post military information on a public forum....no words. How did you perform the hobby before there was internet?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
mainsail2011
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Post by mainsail2011 »

Good one Olli...Information could help yes..but sometime's it's not possible to post information due sercurity reasons or other reasons and yes there are some people who know information but keep them to themself. but we are going off topic now so lets end this discussion
pjotrtje
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Pi

Post by pjotrtje »

And in all honesty jheijna, the first reports of A-10s at Lajes of Thursday already mentioned Spangdahlem as their probable destination... So it was known prior to their arrival, and we as a community should consider ourselves informed.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Last edited by pjotrtje on 18 May 2014, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
== All is well, as long as we keep spinning ==
Richard de Florennes
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Seems that A-10a are quite an "emotional plane" - also for me (;-)). Sorry for making things even more complicated with the notes in my report. Will think about it next time (will continue reporting here and then but without my personal comments then - just the plain facts). Let's make the best of our hobby and share information when and where possible. An don't forget: reports can also help for advanced planning of your next trip - and these A-10s are obviously still available at Spang for a few days ...
Fishbed_9307
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by Fishbed_9307 »

Richard de Florennes wrote:Seems that A-10a are quite an "emotional plane" - also for me (;-)). Sorry for making things even more complicated with the notes in my report. Will think about it next time (will continue reporting here and then but without my personal comments then - just the plain facts). Let's make the best of our hobby and share information when and where possible. An don't forget: reports can also help for advanced planning of your next trip - and these A-10s are obviously still available at Spang for a few days ...
The fact that you were there and he wasn't was probably already too much for him so don't bother...

Your detailed reports are always very helpful so thanks for posting and keep that up (please include the comments!)

Greetings, Paul
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Thijs

Re: ETAD 16-05-2014 off topic

Post by Thijs »

All though the discussion started in an aggressive way, arguments given are in line with the basic rules. Nothing to add to this discussion from our side.

Split the discussion as it has nothing to do with the actual movements.

Thijs
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
Oscar01
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Oscar01 »

Is it that time of the year again? This discussion happens roughly every year or so.......

And there are and will always be people who don't understand....

Yes it was known before (by some even weeks before) that the A-10s would come. But due to requests from their sources it was not possible to post it in public. Only if the moment got closer and closer people could guess a bit more specific (certain flights enroute, reservations etc), so all in all quite some people were there.

And yes, this will happen over and over again(even within the next couple of weeks). So either get used to it, or find yourselfves another hobby.

Have a nice day,
Oscar
Richard from Rotterdam
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Richard from Rotterdam »

Just two cents: if the rumors had been discussed days before at Jagel between various spotters, one of them could have easily posted a "rumor" message on scramble.nl, without anyone hurting its source if you ask me. Turns out that plenty spotters with prior knowledge were waiting for them to arrive, so the info was widely known "off-line".

This way it feels to some spotters (as you can tell from the comments) that it is rather a case of keeping info to oneself to have that special photo-opportunity for their own private pleasure without many other spotters around. And that it has nothing to do with protecting one's sources. Other people want to share with others the opportunity to see something special.
SquAdmin
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by SquAdmin »

I wasn't informed, but two A-10's have been on the ILA list for some weeks, so one could guess something was up.

Actually, I don't really see the problem here since the Hogs will stay for two weeks...
Greetz,

Patrick
Richard de Florennes
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict

Thijs wrote:All though the discussion started in an aggressive way, arguments given are in line with the basic rules. Nothing to add to this discussion from our side.

Split the discussion as it has nothing to do with the actual movements.

Thijs
In case "....(A)SSH(OLE).." and "THE F..K" are in line with Basic rules, it is time for ME too to withdraw any activity at this forum. I would have expected this BULLSH... to be deleted not to be opened as another topic.
Goodbye to all of you then - get your reports somewhere else, if this is my "reward" for more than 1.000 (helpful??) postings ....
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Stratofreighter »

Do not jump to conclusions now, let alone act upon them, please... :shock:
Monthly updates on FokkerNews.nl....

Return to “Spangdahlem”